WARNING: DO NOT TRUST T-MOBILE ON WARRANTY PHONES

• 10 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Since switching to T-Mobile from Verizon, we have had issues with my wife’s phone not receiving calls or text.  After calling multiple times and working with Customer Support, she was told that the phone was under warranty, therefore they would send her a new phone to switch out and she could send back the original.  What they didn’t make clear was that they signed her up for a new insurance plan for the line. 

She received the new phone and called and received help setting it up.  The agent told her to give it a week and that they would call back and check in with her.  She used the new phone for a week, but still had intermittent issues, but never was called back. I finally told her she need to just send back the original phone as they had given her a return label and we’d just see if things got better. 

When I received my next bill, I notice and increase and when I looked closely, I saw that insurance was added.  I asked my wife if she had signed up for it, but she didn’t remember doing so, so I just canceled.  However, I soon got a notice of a $830 charge for a non-return fee for the phone.  My wife called and spoke to Customer Service who told her that the package was received at their 3rd party partner who handles warranties, so just give it time to process.  After a week, she called back again and they told her to just cancel auto-pay and only pay the amount of the service.  I wasn’t happy with this, so I called in and was told that they would do an investigation and get back to me in 10 business days, so I canceled the auto-pay and did as instructed.

Fast-forward 2-1/2 weeks and I have not received a call back, so I call in again as now I have received a new bill that does not have my $20 autopay discount.  So I call in again.  They review the notes and claim that they do not see any notes on the investigation, so they inform me that they will do another investigation and promise to call me on May 1st.  They also assisted me with a discount to cover the autopay and sign me back up for autopay. 

May 1st comes and passes, no call.  However, now I am receiving 3-4 calls a day from T-Mobile’s automated collection service threatening service disruption if I do not pay my remaining balance or setup a payment plan.  So once again, I call T-Mobile and once again, I’m told that they don’t see the investigation, but that they will launch one and personally call me back within 48 hours.  However, they go ahead and setup of payment plan to stop the calls, where by they say they will do two payments with the first being on my billing due date for the amount, then will push the $830 to the end of the month, so that hopefully by that time we have the credit.

So today I call in again.  This time I was told that they could see the records of multiple investigations, but that the investigations did not turn up the device.  When I asked for an explanation, they stated that the device they were expecting was not in the box.  I asked what device was in the box as we sent back the original.  She stated that they did not have that information, but that it didn’t scan in.  I explained that we sent the phone back in the box that we received the new phone with the label that they provided.  She just stonewalled and said that they did not show a scan of the device and suggested that perhaps I file a claim with UPS.  I said that the tracking showed the package was delivered to the warehouse in February and that UPS was not at fault, nor were we, as we did everything we were told. She stated again that the device was not scanned in.  I then asked if they could return the package to me then, as they were charging me $830 for a phone that is not in my possession and that they have.  She said that could not be done.  I told her that this is theft, plain and simple, as they are charging me for a phone that they received and due to a systems issue and not refunding.  She gave no response.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.  If you send them a phone, then take multiple pictures of the device, label, etc… as they wash their hands with it and just pass the blame to their 3rd party partner.  I was with Verizon for 22 years and switched to T-Mobile, which I now truly regret.  Their customer service may seem very nice, but they are incompetent. 

1 reply

Badge

The saga continues...my wife called back in and spoke to a rep and was told that the information that I was given this morning was incorrect and that the investigations have not been completed, but they will open another investigation. The only information that have is that the package was scanned in.  Why was a lied to? Ugh… this is so frustrating.  Apparently, T-Mobile needs to make a visit to their 3rd party partner, or better yet, find a new one.