Question

why im still paying for leasing?

• 25 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

why im still paying for leasing every month on my 3 devices? all of they contracts are done and when i try to go check on them it always say “You don't currently have an active installment plan or lease. Check out all the latest phones and accessories” but I'm still paying for they lease every month, what can i do to resolve this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

once the lease is done you have a few options..turn it back in and switch to a different phone, keep it and continue paying the monthly fee for it or pay the final sale price for it and own it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

once the lease is done you have a few options..turn it back in and switch to a different phone, keep it and continue paying the monthly fee for it or pay the final sale price for it and own it.

With this being said. You are still leasing the phone just on a M/M lease one that you are obligated to pay but will have to pay as long as you have their phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

With this being said. You are still leasing the phone just on a M/M lease one that you are obligated to pay but will have to pay as long as you have their phones.

That's why I've never leased a phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Error correction. I meant to say one that you are Not Obligated to pay.

years back when we added 2 additional lines for the kids instead of a payoff they set it up as a lease so 2 lines r lease (mine which was already existing but whatever) anyway. We're over it too. The phone is 4yrs old & not worth the ridiculous payoff they're asking for. Especially when repairs cost MORE than the payoff. S20+ 4 yes old. Cracked like crazy wanted to use my insurance ($18/m X5devices mind you) and I can't because the screen is cracked and they want more than any local cellphone fix place is asking for the same repairs.  So drop that too, it isn't worth it, just an easy $ scam for all phone providers.

Needless to say we aren't thrilled w/tmobile we certainly aren't upgrading to start a whole new contract either. After 7 years as a customer (sprint 1st then the merger) we still have incredibly crappy service in our own home, but if you drive LITERALLY 1mile down the road, it works just fine, no lag everything loads downloads refreshes like it's nothing, my house-2bars of '5G' & an internet loading screen that says it timed out or the website is no longer working or some bs.... anyway. I'm ready to send in this broken screen potato & tell em 'GFC!' *hit em w/the hard C.*