Question

Is Magenta plan prepaid or postpaid?

Badge

Anyone know how the billing cycle for Magenta plan works (pre vs post)?

I am going to cancel my service soon and trying to figure out whether my bill that is due on the 24th is for my current cycle or the next cycle. If it is for the next cycle, I will not have to pay as long as I cancel before the 24th, correct?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have a post paid plan and cancel at the end of your bill cycle this month you will still have  your June bill to pay which is what's generated on the 24th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Magenta plans are postpaid. When did you activate your service? If it was within the last 10 years or so, your account would be on what we call Bill Current. It means that you are billed for the month that you are currently using. 

Given the due date is the 24th (not your autopay date), then your bill cycle would be from the 4th of one month to the 3rd of the following. For this month, your bill that is due on June 24th is for the dates June 4th- July 3rd. If you cancel this month, it would be set for the end of your bill cycle, July 3rd, and at 11:59pm PST (or so) the services would stop working. 

If you want to port your number to another carrier, then you would want to do that on July 2nd or 3rd to avoid any new bill being created. 

I hope this makes sense and helps provide a clear timeline. 😁