Home Internet Signal Very Good to Weak

• 28 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I switched over to Home Internet about 2 months ago. At first I was getting a “Very Good” signal and could easily stream on multiple devices without issue. The last two weeks my signal has dropped to “Weak” and many times we barely getting any throughput to the point where streams are buffering heavily. I don’t think it’s just a router problem because my phones with T-Mobile are running about 1-2 bars when I was getting full bars. Anyone else had this happen?

2 replies

I/We are having the same issue.  Worked great  then signal started going from weak, to poor to nothing.  Box was always in the same place, moved it around and now I'm in our detached garage trying to get a better signal and I can get good for a while, then it just drops out to no signal for no reason ...in doing some research, I think the box overheats with too many wireless devices connected to it, but not sure...I unplug, let it cool, even put it in the fridge and can get it back working for a short time (30 minutes maybe) but it goes to no signal again. It's really not usable for anything! Frustrating but I haven't called support because I do not think my problem is unique  nor do I think they have a fix for it. Making decisions 

I am having this issue as well. But, mine might be a little different. Someone changed my account to the TMHI lite.  I had unlimited for over a year with no issues. TMobile did put me back on the unlimited but now I get poor signal. I was getting 4 bars. My internet has come to a crawl. Nothing is loading. 

I think our issues started when they rolled out the lite version. IMHO