Question

Alcatel Go Flip 4 Sim unlock

• 4 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

How do I unlock the sim on an Alcatel Go Flip 4?

6 replies

Badge

Yes to both questions.  I have been a T-Mobile customer for several years.  The phone is fully paid for and customer support confirms that it is eligible to be unlocked.  I submitted a request almost 2 weeks ago to the customer support agent.  Unlike Samsung and Apple devices that have the procedures easily available on the T-Mobile website, the Go Flip requires contacting customer service.  They then have to elevate the request. I still have not received any updated information. 

Badge

I have had the same problem and just posted on that subject. I have been given four different unlock codes at different times and none of them has worked. Have you had any success?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you a T-Mobile USA customer?  Does your T-Mobile account and device meet all of T-Mobile's SIM Unlock Policy requirements?

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

i have the same problem. it was escalated and the agent told me to keep trying till my phone locked to the network, and then was told sorry nothing can be done.

Badge

I went through the same frustration. The T-Mobile telephone support people are not properly trained on this issue and will tell you things that are not true.

Unlike some phones, the GoFlip4 cannot be “remotely unlocked”. You must get a “Network unlock code” known as an NCK code, put the non-T-Mobile SIM in the phone, power up, and enter the NCK code when prompted. (An NCK code is not the same as a PUK code.) T-Mobile’s Facebook support group were knowledgeable and got me me the NCK code right away. Go to

https://www.facebook.com/TMobile

and send them a message.

Badge

My whole experience is described in another thread:

I suggest you avoid the term “SIM unlock code”. To some people this means a PUK code. Say “Network unlock code”.