Solved

Carrier Lock iphone 15

• 12 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’ve recently upgraded from an iPhone 12 to an iPhone 15. While trying to transfer this new eSIM basically transferring the phone number and the cellular plan. I noticed my phone was SIM Locked in the Carrier lock in General settings. I was wondering if I needed to go to a T-mobile location and have them unlock my iPhone or if they could just do it online?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 12 January 2024, 05:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is the 15 fully paid off and meets the usage requirements?

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

The iphone is being paid off by a monthly payment it’s not fully paid but other than that it meets all the other requirements. I’m planning on going to T-Mobile tomorrow because I’m not understanding what the issue is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If it's on monthly payments it will be locked until paid off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To add on the only financed phones that are eligible for unlock are the Pixel line after 40 days.

Badge

It doesn’t make sense to lock a phone that is currently being paid, especially when it’s in my possession. In your logic the phone will be locked for months on end sitting in my room collecting dust and not being used. I’ve made monthly payments before on a iPhone upgrade. And had no problems with transferring sims especially because it used actual SIM cards and not these eSIM stuff. I’m sure there has to be some other error that T-mobile has made. Getting a phone from T-mobile and having it in my possession it should already be unlocked and ready to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Those aren't my rules but it's always been this way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It doesn’t make sense to lock a phone that is currently being paid, especially when it’s in my possession. In your logic the phone will be locked for months on end sitting in my room collecting dust and not being used. I’ve made monthly payments before on a iPhone upgrade. And had no problems with transferring sims especially because it used actual SIM cards and not these eSIM stuff. I’m sure there has to be some other error that T-mobile has made. Getting a phone from T-mobile and having it in my possession it should already be unlocked and ready to use.

if you are making payments on a car do you own it? no..whoever you are paying still owns it until you pay it off fully..not sure how this doesnt make any sense..just because you have it in your hands doesnt mean you own it..technically youre renting it until its paid off..