Question

Galaxy S21+ fingerprint reader not working well

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, I have an S21+that I got refurbished about a year and a half ago. The fingerprint reader hasn't been working well for a couple of months. It usually takes 2 or 3 tries to unlock. I tried recalibrating and also replaced the screen protector and it's still not working well. Is the phone deteriorating or is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

take a look over at the Samsung forums..might be a fix or work around..

have you attempted anything on your side to fix this? cache wipe of the device? are you able to clear all data and force stop the app itself? you’ll more than likely have to re enter your fingerprints again..or worse case factory reset the device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When applying or replacing a screen protector, all fingerprints should be delted and recreated.  The same applies after recalibrating the sensor.  Have you tried deleting your stored fingerprints and going through to set them up again?

Badge

When applying or replacing a screen protector, all fingerprints should be delted and recreated.  The same applies after recalibrating the sensor.  Have you tried deleting your stored fingerprints and going through to set them up again?

Yep! It didn't seem to help.

Badge

take a look over at the Samsung forums..might be a fix or work around..

have you attempted anything on your side to fix this? cache wipe of the device? are you able to clear all data and force stop the app itself? you’ll more than likely have to re enter your fingerprints again..or worse case factory reset the device?

Thanks! I just wiped the cache partition a couple hours ago so I'm noting what happens now. I re-entered the fingerprints once a few weeks ago. When I experience this problem, it's for unlocking my phone, so I don't think I can force stop that. I'll see if there are settings for that though that can be reset.

Badge

For future readers: I think the cache partition clearing helped. Cautiously optimistic.