Question

i need to unlock a cell locked by t-mobile

• 17 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Badge

good day

Dear all, 

I bought an iphone xs max, but recently i have realized that is lock by operator (t-mobile). Can someone inform me an email address of t-mobile where i can send the imei of cell in order they proceed to unlock.

Thanks for your info

brgds.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile does not have an e-mail for Customer Service or Support.  Are you a T-Mobile USA customer?  Did you purchase the device directly from T-Mobile?  Does your account and device meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements?  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

i’m not a t-mobile USA customer. Im from Spain. I bought the device (iphone xs max) to a private seller, and i didn’t know that device was locked by operator (t-mobile).

The terminal has no any icloud restriction nor is in black list. But i need that device be unlocked by operator (t-mobile). So pls. let me know what it’s the procedure to ask T-MOBILE to unlock the device: 

some details of device:

- Operador: T-Mobile - EE.UU.
- IMEI: 357269095210571
- Referencia Terminal: LIB20405I

awaiting your info

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile can't help you.  Return the device to the seller you purchased it from.

Badge

I can’t not return the device to the seller. As I told you he is a private seller and i have no any contact details of him.

Anyway I can not understand how you can say that T-Mobile can’t not help me.

If there is no any debt pending, and time enough has run, T-MOBILE has no any right to keep a device locked. No any other company put any trouble to unlock a device if there is no restrictions as any debt pending or device in the black list.

You can check that the imei reported has no any restrictions.

So, pls. let me know the procedure to formally ask to T-MOBILE the unlock of such device.

T-mobile is the operator who has locked the device and so it’s the responsible to unlock (always taking into account that there is no any restriction by policy).

Awaiting your reply

thanks for your understanding

brgds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can’t not return the device to the seller. As I told you he is a private seller and i have no any contact details of him.

Anyway I can not understand how you can say that T-Mobile can’t not help me.

If there is no any debt pending, and time enough has run, T-MOBILE has no any right to keep a device locked. No any other company put any trouble to unlock a device if there is no restrictions as any debt pending or device in the black list.

You can check that the imei reported has no any restrictions.

So, pls. let me know the procedure to formally ask to T-MOBILE the unlock of such device.

T-mobile is the operator who has locked the device and so it’s the responsible to unlock (always taking into account that there is no any restriction by policy).

Awaiting your reply

thanks for your understanding

brgds.

Read the SIM Unlock Policy requirements I linked to earlier.  There are multiple conditions you and your device do not meet.  

Badge

Would you be kind to inform me which of “multiple” conditions my device does not meet.

I repeat the imei and report more details for your consideration:

US Block Status: Clean
Blacklist Status: Clean
Next Activation Policy ID: 2408
Locked Carrier: US Sprint/T-Mobile Locked Policy
SIM-Lock Status: Locked

Serial Number: FFWXJEZJKPHF

awaiting yours

Thanks for your help

brgds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Would you be kind to inform me which of “multiple” conditions my device does not meet.

I repeat the imei and report more details for your consideration:

US Block Status: Clean
Blacklist Status: Clean
Next Activation Policy ID: 2408
Locked Carrier: US Sprint/T-Mobile Locked Policy
SIM-Lock Status: Locked

Serial Number: FFWXJEZJKPHF

awaiting yours

Thanks for your help

brgds.

If you had read the SIM Unlock Policy.  You would realize that you are not a T-Mobile USA customer.  Your device does not meet the usage requriements because you are not a T-Mobile USA customer.  Not being the original owner, you have no way to prove any of those conditions were ever met.

Badge

As I told you I have bought the device to a private seller. I didn’t know that device was locked by operator (otherwise i wouldn’t have bought obviously). But the current situation is this. I have a device which is locked by the operator T-MOBILE and only them can unlock.

Anyway it has no sense that t-mobile refuses to unlock a device if there is no any bill unpaid, and time of permanent contrat has expired, arguing that im not the original owner. Im willing to give all information abt. device and fill any request form required by your company, but i need your cooperation.

So, pls. don’t tell me that as i m not the original owner, nothing can be done to unlock the device, and give any solution, understanding my situation as buyer of this device to a private seller, to whom is not possible to contact.

Thanks for your assistance

awaiting yours

Brgds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You do not meet the SIM Unlock Policy requirements and you also did not even read them.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As I told you I have bought the device to a private seller. I didn’t know that device was locked by operator (otherwise i wouldn’t have bought obviously). But the current situation is this. I have a device which is locked by the operator T-MOBILE and only them can unlock.

Anyway it has no sense that t-mobile refuses to unlock a device if there is no any bill unpaid, and time of permanent contrat has expired, arguing that im not the original owner. Im willing to give all information abt. device and fill any request form required by your company, but i need your cooperation.

So, pls. don’t tell me that as i m not the original owner, nothing can be done to unlock the device, and give any solution, understanding my situation as buyer of this device to a private seller, to whom is not possible to contact.

Thanks for your assistance

awaiting yours

Brgds.

To make this short and sweet, only the original owner of the phone needs to request the unlock code if they meet the requirements.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

i’m not a t-mobile USA customer. Im from Spain. I bought the device (iphone xs max) to a private seller, and i didn’t know that device was locked by operator (t-mobile).

awaiting your info

thanks

This says it all right here. As stated by others You Must Be a T-Mobile customer to get the issue taken care of.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sure….

Unlock eligibility requirements

We unlock mobile devices that meet the following eligibility criteria free of charge.

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be sold by T-Mobile.
  • The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked.
  • The account associated with the device must be in good standing.
  • The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below.

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

• The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
  • If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full.
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero.
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Prepaid plans

• At least  365 days  must have passed since the device was activated on the T Mobile network.
  • If the device was activated less than 365 days ago, then the   Prepaid account associated with the device must have had more than $100 in refills during that period for each line active on the account.  In   addition, more than 14 days must have passed since the device was purchased.
  • No more than 2 mobile device unlocks have been complete per line of service in the last 12 months.
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

all that apply to your request have been highlighted..which only one needed to be highlighted in order for them to not unlock it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

To unlock your T-Mobile locked iPhone XS Max, you need to ensure that your device meets the eligibility criteria. T-Mobile proactively unlocks devices once they meet eligibility. If T-Mobile is able to proactively unlock the device, a text message is sent to the device within 2 business days of meeting eligibility. The SMS also includes a link to the T-Mobile Support page with on-device unlock steps.

Please note that T-Mobile usually can't unlock devices not sold by T-Mobile. However, there are a few scenarios where they can help.

1. Check if your device is eligible. You can use the IMEI Status Check on T-Mobile.com to check. The device must be the model sold by T-Mobile. It can't be from another carrier.

2. Contact T-Mobile to request the unlock. If your device is eligible, you can request T-Mobile to unlock your device. This is when the representative that you talk to might be able to confirm the other eligibility requirements like no money owed on it, not associated to a written off balance, and possibly see if it was ever used on the network. 

3. If the phone is eligible, follow the unlock process. If you have another non-T-Mobile SIM, insert the SIM into the iPhone and complete the first-time use process. If the device has already been set up, follow the on-screen instructions to sign into your Apple ID. If you don't have another SIM, back up your iPhone, erase all content and settings on your iPhone, and restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Unfortunately, T-Mobile does not provide a specific email address for unlocking requests. It would be best to contact T-Mobile through the official customer service channels for assistance. Since you are overseas, it may be best for you to message through one of our social media accounts.