My Samsung galaxy A14 is Locked and cannot use another Carrier

• 28 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I want to use my phone with another carrier but it locked 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you're a Tmobile USA customer and meet the requirements in the link below you can request an unlock code.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device

Badge

Thanks, @gramps28. The phone was sent from USA to me in Liberia, West Africa. I saw a T-mobile SIM in the phone .

There's an application in the phone called "Network Unlock" I tried using it be is says "Couldn't Unlock Your Phone"

Badge

I have been looking at videos online to help me but it's not possible and that's why I joined this community to get a help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Your device can not be SIM unlocked by T-Mobile because you are not a T-Mobile USA customer and because you do not meet the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  You could try a third party unlocking service online or locally at a cellphone repair shop.  They will charge a fee to remove the SIM lock.

Badge

Okay, @syaoran. Thank you so much. I'll be grateful if I can get a reliable third-party unlocking service online. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Since it's an Android you can try requesting a temporary unlock until you find a permanent solution.

I don't know if you can do that from the phone but it's worth a look.

Badge

@gramps28, how can I do a temporary unlock?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A temporary SIM unlock should be an option in the SIM Unlock app.  Only two can be granted in a year.  If the option isn't there, then they might have been used by the person the previously owned the device.  Temporary unlocks expire after 30 days.