Question

Request to unlock the device and contact the expert without providing a solution

Badge

I submitted an unlocking request to the T-mobile expert on July 17th. After checking with the customer service expert, they said they met the unlocking requirements and were given a 72 hour waiting time to complete the submission. However, they have not unlocked it yet. I have contacted customer service multiple times and contacted online customer service on the website, all of which were asking to wait for 72 hours to fully unlock it, but none of them have been unlocked. After only chatting with Twitter for a few words, I will no longer reply to the message! Why didn't I submit an unlock request to you as a customer of T-mobile and not provide a solution! And my equipment meets the requirements and is clean! I am very angry! The following is the Chat log with t-mobile

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is this a prepaid account? Even once you pay the $100 there's a 17 day usage requirement on Tmobile towers.

If it's an Android phone you can do a temporary unlock of the phone.

Badge

Badge

My account has completely exceeded the usage requirements for this device from June 15th to July 29th today

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Was this a phone purchased through Tmobile or bought from a 3rd party reseller?

Badge

I purchased the t-mobile Apple 13pro Max in May 2022 and now I want to unlock it for my child to use. This will help him travel abroad, but T-mobile experts do not provide unlocking!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you the original owner of the phone?

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support.

Badge

Every time I call customer service experts for help, I provide my account number. After checking with IMEI, they say that my device fully meets the unlocking requirements and submit an unlocking application! But every time I expected t-mobile to provide a solution, but every time I was disappointed and ended up 😭😭😭

Badge

I have understood and reviewed the unlocking regulations and requirements multiple times, and have also communicated with T-mobile experts. Every time, they are very certain that the device meets the requirements and wait for 72 hours to complete the unlocking. However, after 72 hours, I did not unlock and called to inquire about the reason. If I still repeat the previous expert's operation, my heart is also broken! Tried by T-mobile experts time and time again

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If the request is put in anf accepted its out of T-Mobile hands. You may have to go through Apple KB and follow their troubleshooting. T-Mobile does not directly unlock iPhones. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

Badge

Impossible, the network operator lock can only be unlocked by the operator system that sells mobile phones, not by Apple! I think it was caused by the lack of assistance from T-mobile senior experts!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

No... Carrier has to send the request to Apple. If carriers could unlock it the OLD way it would be unlocked already and there would be no need to send a request to Apple. Apple has to send a token to your device from their servers.  This has been beaten with a dead horse since Apple started to allow device unlocking. Why do you think even Apple says carriers have to REQUEST an unlock?

Badge

Oh, so I really don't understand the complexity of unlocking, but I would like to say that since my device meets the unlocking requirements, the T-mobile operator should have the responsibility to solve this problem for me. What's even more frustrating is that contacting Twitter's T-mobile expert only replied to a few messages before contacting, but there was no response? Does this also mean disrespect for customers? As a customer in the service industry, if they have problems, they must respond. Whether they can solve them is one thing, and not responding is disrespectful to the customer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The iPhone is NOT T-Mobile product though. Did you try what the Apple Knowledge base tells you to do? Sometimes carriers can do everything right but Apple servers are not doing their job. 

Badge

You are right, Apple is not a T-mobile product! But the operator lock is a product set by the operator! Unlocking the operator lock is an operation of the operator service. I contacted customer service experts and they told me! The device meets the unlocking requirements and they will help you submit it to their unlocking department for processing! Last year, I also applied to T-mobile for unlocking, but it only took 24 hours to complete the unlocking process! From here, it can be seen that applying for device unlocking requires meeting the requirements of T-mobile, so they can unlock and solve customer service needs. Even if they need to go through Apple's T-mobile experts, they have the responsibility to follow up and process unlocking requests, rather than blindly submitting them, causing customer service to wait for 72 hours every day 😓😓🤯🤯

Badge

Thank you very much for giving us annoying questions on the forum. Here, I hope capable friends can help solve this problem! thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thank you very much for giving us annoying questions on the forum. Here, I hope capable friends can help solve this problem! thanks

The problem lies with the fact if T-Mobile did everything right and Apple side of things is the problem how do you expect T-Mobile to fix it? 

I posted a link from Apple to see if you can force the token to your phone in the event everything is done right. You glossed over it expecting T-Mobile to fix a potential Apple issue. 

Badge

Thank you for your reply and communication. I have reviewed the connection you sent me and it indicates that Apple does not use unlocking. Only operators can unlock devices! Do you need to unlock the device or continue writing T-mobile? We need their help to solve this problem!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Scroll more and read it... it specifically says if Carriers did what they supposed to do it tells you ways to force the token to your device. As in Apple has to send it from themselves to your device. 

Badge

I have reviewed the issue you mentioned, and there have been customer service experts who have previously submitted and inquired about why the submission was not unlocked! The expert told me that they submitted it to the technical department, but the technical department did not handle it! The phone expert said they were powerless and could only help resubmit and urged them to process it urgently, but they never received good news 😰😰

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Try Apples troubleshooting on the page. Worse case your device does not unlock best case your device does. 

FYI carriers won't know its unlocked until the token hits your device and it tells T-Mobile the device is unlocked.  What Apple means by carriers only being able to unlock is to make the request to unlock not actually unlocking it. You can't simply go to Apple to unlock it asking them to unlock it because they don't know if you still owe money among other things other than if the iPhone has been stolen. 

Badge

Okay, thank you for giving me some advice ☺️, I will try various methods! If you have any good ideas in the future, I hope you can notify me via email: Thank you