Solved

samsung note 20 5g

• 20 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I bought it second hand and I can't use it since it's in the GSMA report. I'm from the Dominican Republic.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 20 March 2023, 17:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Not too sure what you mean by GSMA report but foreign devices must be VoLTE compatible with T-Mobile’s implementation of VoLTE to work with T-Mobile. T-Mobile also uses bands : 2, 4, 12, 66, and 71 for 4G LTE with a few other lesser used bands in select areas as well.  All bands are not deployed everywhere!  5G bands: n41, n66, and n71 are probably the most common.

Badge

It only allows me to use T-mobile sim card.... and I'm from Dominican Republic

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Oh.  You should look into a third party unlocking service then to see if they can remove the SIM lock for a fee or return the device to where you purchased it.  

T-Mobile can only SIM unlock devices for the original owner that must still be a T-Mobile USA customer and meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

I have had the device for more than a year... I can't find how to unlock it... it just tells me to contact the provider, in my case it's T-mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Find a local cellphone repair shop there that also does phone unlocking.  They should be able to do it for you, for a fee.  T-Mobile only SIM unlocks devices for.it customers that meet all of the SIM Unlock requirements.  T-Mobile can not help you SIM unlock the device.

Badge

How do I know if the previous owner of the device met all the requirements... or if there is any other method to unlock the device

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

How do I know if the previous owner of the device met all the requirements... or if there is any other method to unlock the device

The only method available to you is through a third party unlocking service.  Even if you were a T-Mobile customer, T-Mobile would not be able to unlock it for you because you are not the original owner.