Solved

T-Mobile Military - difficult to unlock the device unlock

• 18 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have got the iphone 15 pro under the trade in request which got me $830 offer. 

its been four months. I m going to travel other countries which basically needs a local network to able to perform some bank related activities and personal usage.

I have asked them to unlock the device. not sure whats going on?  

icon

Best answer by gramps28 18 May 2024, 01:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you making monthly payments or getting bill credits? iPhones need to be fully paid off to be unlocked.

Badge

I am on monthly payments and have bill credits  and I needed the device to be unlocked to able to use for personal protection in order to use local networks on foreign country

My request has been denied This is ridiculous been with t mobile for 7 years

this is what it does  

Badge

How to get unlocked and if pay fully I can get a new device from apple store itself right?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Did you send them your orders?  My understanding unless you have orders to leave the country they won’t permanently unlock iPhone as they do not have an option for temporary unlock.  Most Android devices have a temp and a permanent unlock option.

Most US carriers will do the same when it comes to iPhones even if you’ve been with them for a long tenure.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

personally i rarely buy from carriers. Unlocked is the way to go for a long time now no matter what country you are in.