Solved

The iPhone is blocked for the operator

Badge

Good afternoon, I want to clarify how to unlock iPhone 11 Pro Max from the operator. I'm in Ukraine and at the moment I can't cross the border to come to your official store in Europe. How do I remove the restrictions?

I bought this phone from my hands 2 months ago, and I would like to untie it from your operator!

My mail: ser.sher.2000@gmail.com

I'm waiting for feedback, thank you

icon

Best answer by syaoran 30 January 2023, 12:40

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This forum is.for T-Mobile USA, not T-Mobile EU.  To have the SIM Unlock on your device removed, you must be a T-Mobile USA customer, the device must be SIM locked to T-Mobile USA, and you must meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

I understand you perfectly well, my phone at the moment, as far as I know, has been paid in full by its owner. And tied to T-Mobile USA, but in Europe they could somehow help me. But I would like to somehow remove the phone from the lock. Is it even possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It isn't possible because you are not a T-Mobile USA customer and as a result, do not meet the SIM Unlock Policy requirements for the device to be SIM unlocked.

Dear

I bought an unlocked iPhone on Amazon and by mistake I put a T mobile chip, after that my phone was blocked by you, I need it urgently unlocked IMEI 35 022564 111409 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you a T-Mobile USA customer?  Does your account and device meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements? 

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

I'm not a regular T-mobile customer because I live in Brazil, I just bought a SIM card from you to use the internet during my vacation in the United States. I bought my iPhone unlocked from Amazon and when I put your chip in it was blocked. 

I need you to do the unlocking, which you did wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That's because Apple devices have what's called, a Reseller Policy.  Devices sold unlocked will automatically SIM lock to the first SIM you put in the device.  If you are not a T-Mobile USA customer and or do not meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  There is nothing T-Mobile can do.  

I had already used my operator's chip and it was working normally, I only had to put in your chip and the iPhone was mistakenly blocked. I spoke to Apple customer service and they advised me to speak to you to remove the IMEI number from the black list

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Oh.  It's blacklisted.  That's entirely different.  T-Mobile only block lists devices reported lost or stolen.  Maybe return the device to Amazon.  A lot of devices that are reported lost or stolen end up being sold in countries where the carriers normally don't share blacklist with the US and vice versa.  Only the person who requested the device be blacklisted can request it be removed.

Using the IMEI number, can you confirm if it is blocked or blacklisted? because I really don't know. When I consult via the website it only says that it is blocked by you and this only happened after I inserted your chip, I was using the phone normally with another operator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Using the IMEI number, can you confirm if it is blocked or blacklisted? because I really don't know. When I consult via the website it only says that it is blocked by you and this only happened after I inserted your chip, I was using the phone normally with another operator.

It's blocked, so it has been reported lost or stolen.

https://swappa.com/imei/info/350225641114094

In this case, how should I proceed? Can't you do anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Return it to where you bought it from.