Question

unactivated brand new paid for then blacklisted?...

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. 

December last year I paid cash for a phone at wal Mart. On the box it says it's tmobile. 

I had the money for the phone and ac service plan but not the activation fee, and was told I could go to a tmobile store later and won't be a problem activating. 

During that time boost offered a free phone for porting to them, (number was never ported to tmobile) and was planning on returningthe phone since I'd never even turned it on, u figured it would not be a problem. Stupid me missed the 2 week deadline so that option was out. 

A friend of mine needed a phone and since he was a metro customer I gave it to him, and except for the initial Sim swap, the phone worked beautifully for about 2 weeks and then was blacklisted. 

Took 6 months of trying to get a duplicate receipt from wal mart, only a13 they could find sold that day was Verizon branded. 

I kept trying mart before hitting up tmobile reps, and took another month before finally getting some one who not only understood the problem, but could solve it, however, tmobile had the metro phone linked to friends account, and he'd need to also consult with him and verify some info. Friend would be another 3 hours and had his phone off December last year I paid cash for a phone at wal Mart. On the box it says it's tmobile. 

I had the money for the phone and ac service plan but not the activation fee, and was told I could go to a tmobile store later and won't be a problem activating. 

During that time boost offered a free phone for porting to them, (number was never ported to tmobile) and was planning on returningthe phone since I'd never even turned it on, u figured it would not be a problem. Stupid me missed the 2 week deadline so that option was out. 

A friend of mine needed a phone and since he was a metro customer I gave it to him, and except for the initial Sim swap, the phone worked beautifully for about 2 weeks and then was blacklisted. 

Took 6 months of trying to get a duplicate receipt from wal mart, only a13 they could find sold that day was Verizon branded. 

I kept trying mart before hitting up tmobile reps, and took another month before finally getting some one who not only understood the problem, but could solve it, however, tmobile had the metro phone linked to friends account, and he'd need to also consult with him and verify some info. Friend would be another 3 hours and had his phone off, so had to call back. 

Was only 3 1/2 hours later and I couldn't find anyone who could help me, and that's when I found out that tmobile had gotten rid of its USA support teams. (Nothing against tech support from other countries, but it takes a lot of calls to find some one who understands what I'm actually calling about, and can actually resolve it)

Took a chance a few months ago and called metro who told me phone cannot be used on their network but to call original carrier which connects me back to tmobile. 

Went to tmobile store who said was fraud but could not tell me who did so. 

First wal mart has phone behind locked glass so can't leave area without first paying for ort

I'm thinking that because the phone was not activated with tmobile first, that it caused this issue, and I'd be willing to transfer my number if could use this phone and no activation fee. 

Visible sent me a phone and all I had to do was pay 25 and send in an old no longer wanted phone. 

Only reason looking to switch is because their phone is acting up. 

I have the original box for the phone I bought in December at wal Mart. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't think it's blacklisted it's more than likely locked to the Tmobile network due to Apples flex policy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Apple%203rd%20party%20flex%20&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

Badge

Its an android phone, but that's my thinking as well,  except inputting the imei into a checker it does show as blacklisted 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Does it say what carrier blacklisted it? There's a couple of threads where people say that Verizon has blacklisted their phone and Verizon said it was a clerical error entering the imei#