Solved

unlock a Sprint iphone xs bought in 2018

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Hello, I purchased a locked phone (Sprint) in 2018. I'm now in China and finding it difficult to use the phone here. Could you please help me with the process to unlock it? My phone's IMEI number is [356166098155673]. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 21 February 2024, 19:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately if it was never used on either Sprint or TMO they wont be able to unlock it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Obviously you are not a T-Mobile USA customer.  Are you the original owner of the device?  Sprint has been out of business for years now.  You are out of luck outside of jailbreaking the device.  Being locked to Sprint meabs it will not take a T-Mobile SIM so it can't meet the SIM Unlpck Policy requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Our T-Mobile device unlock | T-Mobile Support page has the steps on how to check if your device is already unlocked. If you bought it and have been using it with a carrier other than T-Mobile, then the device is already unlocked. You might need to follow the steps found on How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Use these steps to finish unlocking your iPhone:

1. Back up your iPhone.

2. After you make a backup, erase your iPhone.

3. Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

i have medicare programs on my T-Mobile. if i lose or destroy the devise, i need to immediate purchase a new device and restore it exactly as the old device. i think the backup would have go to cloud. john

Hello, I purchased a locked phone (Sprint) in 2018. I'm now in China and finding it difficult to use the phone here. Could you please help me with the process to unlock it? My phone's IMEI number is [356166098155673]. Thank you!

i can unlock ,please message me