Solved

unlock my phone from t mobile

• 31 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I bought this phone from a reseller but it’s locked to T-Mobile how do I get it unlocked 

icon

Best answer by gramps28 31 January 2023, 23:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to be a Tmobile USA customer and meet the requirements in the link below.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

Ok so T-Mobile charges me $7 a month for my phone on top of my monthly bill. Can I just pay off my phone and be done with it ? Would that be breaking my contract? I just want it unlocked but don’t want to be charged  more than what the phone is worth.

Badge

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you getting any bill credits, if so you will lose those if you pay off the phone early.

Badge

I bought my s20 Samsung cell phone from Samsung andmy carrier is T Mobile I want to switch carriers and need my phone unlock.T mobile say its not in there system and i should contact samsung to have them unlock it.T mobile tells me they can not unlock my phone because I bought it from Samsung.I had T Mobile Ihad Tmobile for many years and 2 years with this phone I bought from Samsung.How is it my phone is not in there system This does not seem possible when I have been using it with there system for the last 2 years and not in there system.How d I get my phone unlocked to go with a different carrier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to ask Samsung to give the imei to Tmobile as a phone they sold to you then it will show in Tmobile's system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I bought my s20 Samsung cell phone from Samsung andmy carrier is T Mobile I want to switch carriers and need my phone unlock.T mobile say its not in there system and i should contact samsung to have them unlock it.T mobile tells me they can not unlock my phone because I bought it from Samsung.I had T Mobile Ihad Tmobile for many years and 2 years with this phone I bought from Samsung.How is it my phone is not in there system This does not seem possible when I have been using it with there system for the last 2 years and not in there system.How d I get my phone unlocked to go with a different carrier?

because it was an outside device brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) the info on it is not in the TMO system. you will need to contact TMO again and have them add all of this into their system.