Solved

Unlocking a Sprint Phone?

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have an LG V40 ThinQ still on the Sprint network, and I am planning to use it with the TextNow SIM card. but to do that, I need to unlock the phone. Does anyone know how I can do that? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by syaoran 14 May 2024, 00:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you a T-Mobile USA customer?  Did you purchase the device directly from T-Mobile, an authorized retailer, or through a third party?  Does your device and account meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements?  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

I got my phone from a family member, as they got a new phone from T-Mobile when Sprint moved. When this phone was bought, it was bought directly from Sprint. And yes, I belive it meets all of the requierments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Then the person you got it from will have to contact T-Monile, verify their account and device meets all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements, and request the SIM unlock.  

Badge

Ok. Their T-Mobile account page only shows their current phone, not the old one. I take it whatever T-Mobile Rep. they talk to can find it and unlock it..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ok. Their T-Mobile account page only shows their current phone, not the old one. I take it whatever T-Mobile Rep. they talk to can find it and unlock it..?

That's why they need to call 611 or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter.  They will check the IMEI and serial number for the usage and all requirements before the SIM unlock can be processed.

Badge

Alright, Thanks!

Badge

Update: I talked to T-Mobile TWICE, the first time they told me they would call back about the phone being unlocked after a few days, they NEVER called back. The second time, they told me that all sprint phones are already unlocked. 

Today I got my TextNow SIM, with the app telling me it can't be activated because MY PHONE IS STILL LOCKED.

What the heck T-Mobile???

I'll be going to a store and ask a person to get the phone unlocked. Why did they claim the first time that they were unlocking it, and the second that they already were?