Question

App store inssue: : Not getting the most updated app when installing it on my Iphone

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello. I have a silly question. Let me explain first, so I'm a newb to Instagram and just this month got the app on my iphone. However, despite my just installing it this month,I think it might not be the updated version. I compared it to a friend's instagram app and it's step up differently and they are able to share someone else's post and I am not. Now,I ALREADY have tried everything Google/Instragram suggested to do on the app AND...my iphone and some things can't be done,like it's not set up the same. There is NO current update. 

QUESTION: So,it popped in my head to ask, though I think it shouldn't matter, but am I not getting the most updated app/options due to my iphone not being a more updated version/new phone? Thank you. 

I currently have the Iphone SE

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Apple since it's in their app store, Tmobile has nothing to do with 3rd party apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello. I have a silly question. Let me explain first, so I'm a newb to Instagram and just this month got the app on my iphone. However, despite my just installing it this month,I think it might not be the updated version. I compared it to a friend's instagram app and it's step up differently and they are able to share someone else's post and I am not. Now,I ALREADY have tried everything Google/Instragram suggested to do on the app AND...my iphone and some things can't be done,like it's not set up the same. There is NO current update. 

QUESTION: So,it popped in my head to ask, though I think it shouldn't matter, but am I not getting the most updated app/options due to my iphone not being a more updated version/new phone? Thank you. 

I currently have the Iphone SE

Older iPhone models don't always get the newest features , even through third party apps at the same time as the flagship model.  Your iPhone SE is more than likely why in comparison to an iPhone 13 or newer.