Solved

How do I easily get a question answered on line about an error on my bill?

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My husband and I got new phones on a trade in deal. We traded in both phones. The $800 credit for turning in his phone still isn’t showing on the bill. It’s been two payment cycles.

Note: We’ve visited the local store where we turned in the phone 3 times to get this corrected, without success.

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 13 July 2023, 17:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It often takes a while to get the trade in credited but you should have been given a receipt for the phone you traded. This can be used to trace the phone. Also, I doubt that your trade-in credit will be $800. It’s generally more like $200 with the rest (e.g. $600) spread out over 24 billing cycles.

If you have the receipt, TForce (@TMobileHelp on Twitter) may be able to help you get the status of your trade-in phone.

Badge

It was a special promo through Costco, so yes a $800 trade-in. My husband and I both did this, his first and then I went in a few days later. My credit is showing as applied (a spread over 24 billing cycles), The credit for his hasn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It was a special promo through Costco, so yes a $800 trade-in. My husband and I both did this, his first and then I went in a few days later. My credit is showing as applied (a spread over 24 billing cycles), The credit for his hasn’t.

OK, well neither I nor anyone else on this community forum has access to your account. Since you went through Costco, I’m not exactly sure how best to advise you. I assumed this was at a T-Mobile store.

Badge

I did manage to find a ChatBot on the Tmobile site. Wasn’t easy but it transferred me to a live chat assistant and we’re working through things now. Thanks for your advice.