Question

Desk Top computer

Badge

I have the Black modem, a friend of my is needing to have a ethernet hook up to use her desktop computer. Is it possible to to connect to the t-mobile modem to her desktop modem and have it work? 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@832-884-4015, does your friend’s PC have Wi-Fi? If so, they can connect to your TM gateway. If not, they will need to access the TM gateway's internet access through an ethernet cable. 

You may want to invest in a switch that allows several devices connect to your TM gateway using ethernet cables (some devices do not have wifi cards/technology internally. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-5-port-10-100-1000-gigabit-ethernet-unmanaged-switch-blue/6040713.p?skuId=6040713&extStoreId=1008&utm_source=feed&ref=212&loc=19621921639&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7ZO0BhDYARIsAFttkCh-WYqgXk4PUowZGWoWXLplbTz3eHnVVX2Y3vFtXdZidzHZQrTTDsEaAtAYEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let us know if this works. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I have the Black modem, a friend of my is needing to have a ethernet hook up to use her desktop computer. Is it possible to to connect to the t-mobile modem to her desktop modem and have it work? 

Yes, there are ethernet ports on all Tmobile gateway models for wired connection.