Question

gateway

• 19 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

New gateway. Shows good signal and works on most devices but not others. Just happened yesterday why 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

What just happened yesterday?

Did the “not others” ever work with the new gateway?

Badge

Sorry to clarify. I had the old model gateway for about a year with no issues. Then yesterday it was slow for most of my devices and couldn’t get a signal with my main brand new tv. so I swapped it for the new model and it’s somewhat better but says it has excellent signal but when running a speed test shows about 30-50 mbps. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

So a day or so ago your speeds went down?  You got a replacement gateway, different model, and it’s better but not what it used to be?  It does sound like something changed upstream.  It’s probably too soon to know why.  Maybe it will recover.  In the meantime, you can try adjusting the position of the gateway to try to improve the signal throughout your home.  Good luck.

Sorry to clarify. I had the old model gateway for about a year with no issues. Then yesterday it was slow for most of my devices and couldn’t get a signal with my main brand new tv. so I swapped it for the new model and it’s somewhat better but says it has excellent signal but when running a speed test shows about 30-50 mbps. 

Unless you have a T-Mobile business account the SIM card is tied to the IMEI of your gateway, so you can’t just swap them out on the fly without involving T-Mobile support. Where did you get the new gateway from and what kind is it? It’s best if you have your own router and not try to direct connect devices to the T-Mobile gateway….things just work better and you have more control. Does the TV work now..?