Question

How to tell whether T-M home internet 5G tower is getting 5G signal?

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

The LED screen on the top surface of the T-M 5G Home Internet router tower shows 2 to 3 magenta color bars but it doesn’t say it is receiving 4G LTE or 5G signal. Since the unit can receive both 4G and 5G signals, I’m wondering how to tell what I’m getting. T-M customer rep said no way to tell because 4G and 5G signal reception all show the same color magenta bars. Since I’m paying $60 a month for a 5G home internet router, I sure like to know what exactly I’m getting.

2 replies

The LED screen on the top surface of the T-M 5G Home Internet router tower shows 2 to 3 magenta color bars but it doesn’t say it is receiving 4G LTE or 5G signal. Since the unit can receive both 4G and 5G signals, I’m wondering how to tell what I’m getting. T-M customer rep said no way to tell because 4G and 5G signal reception all show the same color magenta bars. Since I’m paying $60 a month for a 5G home internet router, I sure like to know what exactly I’m getting.

You have to use the “Overview” part of the web interface & see if you’re getting the “Secondary Signal”, which is 5G.  You can then go to “Status” & then click on the “Secondary Signal” to see what band it’s connecting to.

Badge

If you have the new Acadyan …. the web interface is still VERY limited…

You can however learn a little about both the 4G and 5G signals this way 

http://192.168.12.1/TMI/v1/gateway?get=signal