Question

Inseego FX3100 with Waveform 4x4 External Antenna

• 17 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have an Inseego FX3100 on the way to upgrade my FX2000 that could not use an External Antenna without internal surgery LOL.  Anyone know the best way to connect the FX3100 to my existing Waveform 4x4 I used to use with my Nokia Unit?  I have 4 wires coming out of the External Antenna and the FX3100 only has 2.  Any help is much appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hopefully, you’ve done your homework.  The information above states the frequency bands that antenna port is compatible with.  Some of the bands that TMI uses are in those ranges, but N71 is at 600 Mhz and is not in range, and LTE bands  5,12,71, are outside those ranges also.

Will the fx3100 work well with waveform antennas?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It looks like the FX3100 has 2 TS-9 connectors, so you could technically plug 2 of the antennas in (might need a TS-9 pigtail if not already equipped).  The issue is that TM uses so many bands, 4 antennas for the different bands is recommended. You would have to pick 2 specific antennas for the frequencies that are listed above, but as I was saying originally, the router itself doesn’t seem to support all the bands TM uses, so it isn’t even clear the FX3100 is going to work.

Badge

I was able to connect it using B66 and n41 speed went from 300mbps to over 500 just by trial and error of pairing the leads using a SMA Female to TS9 Male adapter.  Waveform is in the process of adding FX3100 to their support page at https://www.waveform.com/a/b/guides/hotspots/