Question

New Very Disappointed User

• 16 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Speed is great.  I did speedtests w/ Spectrum wired cable and was getting 367-400 Mbps down and about 12 Mbps up.  I get 500 Mbps with only “good” signal on my new T-mobile gateway and fast uploads.  A house full of streamers and not a glitch at all.

However.

That’s where the happiness ends, rather abruptly.

I run a business and all of a sudden “business internet” doesn’t allow me to remotely reach my Intranet without having to add another gateway.  Complexity rarely helps security. 

Can’t complain that T-Mobile is 25% of Spectrum’s cost and faster.  I just wish they would let me throw the gateway into just gateway mode and present an IP address to my much more powerful and capable router.  Now I’m double-natted.  I hate double natting.

3 replies

I would just like to say I was a loyal customer for a long time! I ended up switching phone companies because there was one point where I was paying more for my phone bill then my house payments on top of that I have 3 children I'm trying to raise and provide for..... So the mortal to my sorry is the day I finally decided to switch to a cheaper phone service they said I owed 250 ok well I understand that so I got on my credit karma app to try and get a loan for a bigger house for me and my children and guess what pops up a $994 dollar credit inquiry that I never even received a bill for or was never aware of that and all my stuff was payed in for besides the last month I owed 250.00 so just saying everyone this is the worst and rudest place I have ever dealt with and there will be something done about it! They add on fees and jack your bill up so just saying be careful this place is a joke the only good thing I got out of it was the Internet box for 50 bucks! But I went through boost mobile and paid 200 upfront right there and owned my phones didn't have no hidden fees! Sooo please everyone listen to what I'm saying! And be careful keep check on your credit just saying! 

Just watch your bill guys because literally screwed my credit completely up they dropped my credit score 100 points over something I don't even know so I promise you it will be dealt with or T-Mobile's going down! If you're ever trying to get a home or a loan don't go through T-Mobile!! Another thing I didn't like was most of the workers are the rudest people I've ever met in my life! Boost Mobile and optimum they are amazing I couldn't ask for better service and they actually explain to you everything they don't throw hidden fees at you and turn stuff on to your credit that you didn't even owe! T-Mobile was the worst mistake I have ever made in my life! But trust and believe the dispute has already been done now I'm just waiting to see what happens! Wish me luck 🤞

Hello,

Love your T-Mobile speed and price, but it lacks "bridge mode" needed for your business. This means you can't use your own router and have some security limitations. Jetnet American Airlines

Here's the deal:

• T-Mobile: Super fast, cheap, but no bridge mode = no good for business with a complex network.
  • Spectrum: More expensive, slower, but lets you use your own router = better for business.

Tough choice: Keep the speed and price (but deal with limitations) or switch back to Spectrum for better business features.