Question

Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway Software Updates

• 1 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am using a Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway on the T Mobile network and my current SW version is 1.2.74. How to I get the newest SW version 1.2.8A ??

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@sdboy i am pretty sure the firmware updates are delivered automatically from T-Mobile. I have watched mine update over the past year and I have not done anything to prompt the update. Patience I think. 

Badge

I finally got the firmware version 1.2.8A update yesterday.

Badge

It’s almost 3 months since I first posted my question about Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway software updates and so far I have not received any updates and I am still at version 1.2.74. Also, I just noticed that the latest SW version has changed and is now 1.2.90 so I am 2 versions behind. How sure why I have not received any updates.

I got the firmware version 1.2.8A update yesterday. Now I see there is a new one (1.2.90) so I am again, one update behind. I was most concerned with being able to use Wi-Fi calling reliably so, I guess I’ll just quit worrying about it for now...assuming that feature is now stable.

It’s been a very long time now. How about it...TMO?

I also have this question. I had the Nokia and last week support tried twice to push an update to it- it was 3 versions behind. Push failed, so they made me exchange it for the Sagecom 5688w (charged me $35 activation fee) on version 1.2.74. Rebooted at least twice, and one reset since I got it on Tuesday, May 23rd. No update yet, and obviously concerned since Nokia stopped updating some time ago. Options are limited in my area, but seriously starting to consider satellite, so disappointed with T-Mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It is my experience that the T-Mobile servers push out firmware updates to gateways, so you need to be patient. Unfortunately, there is not a firmware update button on the T-mobile Internet app that you could use to perform updates.

Sorry.

It’s about 3 months now and I still have not been updated to firmware version 1.2.8A. Does anyone know if there’s a problem with this newest version?