Solved

T-Mobile router app on PC

• 4 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Couldn’t find these answers by Search.

Is there a T-Mobile app of PC that allows me to access router settings?

whether there is or I have to use my phone app, I have some questions.

Can I change device names?  “Device a1 b2” doesn’t help me a lot.

Can I give devices a Static Address?

Is there a difference between “T-Mobile Internet” and “T Life?”

icon

Best answer by copz1998 4 June 2024, 16:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@drqaz, there is a 3rd party app that allows the user to see the cell data metrics and turn on/off the SSID. You may want to turn off the stock SSID if you have a wifi router that provides SSIDs to your local devices. Here is a video on the HINT Control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5YJsRBDLss

Remember, you can change device names on the devices themselves, but not through the freedom to personalize your network settings in the TM gateway. This gives you. 

Generally, you can assign static IPs to devices on the devices (on my firewall and media server, I assigned static IPs because I don’t want the IP to change). 

T-Life is the “new” TM app. I still like the TM Internet app because it’s easy to read. 

I hope this helps. 

Badge

Very good.  You’ve helped me make progress.

In short, it sounds like I can’t change IP address or name on a device through the TM app.  Can’t find anywhere on my TVs ot Alexa to do that.  I’ll have to do more research.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@drqaz, yes, TM hard codes the gateway IP addresses. Mine show up as 192.168.12.1 and 192.168.12.32. If you are using just the TM gateway, then make sure you have configured 2 separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. If you use a wifi router( (I am using the Eero 6+ mesh) between your devices and the TM gateway, then just use the wifi router to spool out IP addresses to your TV, PCs and other devices. 

Badge

Thanks.  I have 2.4 and 5 as separate SSIDs.  I’m using an Asus router as AP.

You lost me on “ spool out IP addresses.” 

Are there any settings on the TM modem/router I need to change to get it to ‘talk’ to the AP?  The AP shows excellent signal strength, but the TV, NAS, thermostat complains there is no internet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@drqaz, the term “spool out IP addresses” refers to the DHCP server in the gateway and wifi router, they act as a DHCP server handing (spooling) out IP addresses to devices that connect to the network. 

No changes to be made on the TM gateway, only the SSIDs. 

Badge

AFAIK, these are set correctly.