Question

Really Bad Customer Service

• 5 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am facing big issue with customer service and unable to find a way to lodge complaint officially. Issue started last month when I was travelling overseas and data roaming did not work for 1 specific main line. Other 2 lines I carried worked fine. I called support and they asked me to add roaming package for 10 days but even as I mentioned that I have not maxed allocated roaming hours they instructed to add additional package. After activation of the package still issue was open and support technician was asking standard questions and placed no effort to fix it. After spending multiple calls over 1 hour of my valuable time overseas issue was not fixed. Requested for someone from USA technical support was requested and agent mentioned request has been placed and will get call within 3 days. This never happened. I chatted with support on the issue and ask for refund of the data package and someone to call to fix the data roaming issues was not closed. After multiple attempts to get call back from support team still was unsuccessful. Also refund was agreed but did not reflect in my statement.

1. Customer service is not willing to take customer complaint seriously and not further escalating it
  2. No return call from USA support team until now
  3. Billing issue took two calls to resolved and get adjustment
  4. Customer service unable to provide ticket for my complaint

Finally today I have ticket logged #01116452. Expectations,

1. Call from necessary team to fix the issue I am facing as next overseas travelled is planned for next week
  2. Take necessary action on the support team previously engaged in my complaint
  3. Why T-Mobile is not providing details to provide feedback on the customer service???

If not addressed soon, planning to port to another service who cares about the customer...

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Satish,

I have had the very same experiences. Not only do all of my calls for support get fielded out to the useless Philippines call center, who know nothing about how T-Mobile operates, know nothing about technology and additionally, they lie. For example, when one requests to speak with a supervisor they transfer you to a colleague who only pretends to be a supervisor. This is very evident, the difference of actually speaking with a supervisor or speaking with just another ignorant person at the call center.

In the recent past weeks I have wasted hours and hours of my time getting no where. Actually, the Philippines call center only made matters worse. I am at the point where I completely refuse to speak with the Philippines call center and I am seriously thinking about moving my service to Verizon or another carrier. Verizon is more expensive but at least they have customer service people in the United States that actually know something about technology and billing problems.

I also tried looking for an email or a phone # where I could submit a complaint to T-Mobile but in spite of my efforts I could not find any information about where to send my complaint. What this tells me is that T-Mobile in not interested in hearing their customers problems or feedback because they are content in functioning as they do. Little does T-Mobile know that customers are getting tired of being treated with so little regard and eventually this will cause their business to suffer in terms of revenues. No doubt about it. Having kept mobile service prices low won them a lot of customers..now that the prices have gone up considerably, and offering zero customer support, this puts T-Mobile in line with any other service. In the end, it will be all about the ease of speaking with a customer service person when there is a problem with ones phone service, and many other mobile services already offer this.

Badge

Hi,

I completely agree with you. Similar experience routed through multiple supervisors internally. All along I requested for technical support from USA which has been totally ignored till date. They all work with standard work level instructions without any technical knowledge. Hope by sharing the details here someone from T-Mobile seriously look into these support issues or concerned raised.

Badge +1

<snip />

Hope by sharing the details here someone from T-Mobile seriously look into these support issues or concerned raised.

You’re going to be waiting for a very long time for this to happen…  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

<snip />

Hope by sharing the details here someone from T-Mobile seriously look into these support issues or concerned raised.

You’re going to be waiting for a very long time for this to happen…  

probably because the site here is peer to peer assistance..

I am a senior in social security. I thought switching to Tmobile would be a good idea. I was sadly mistaken. They don't care about their customers.  If you fall in hard times and need a extension, they won't hesitate to cut your phone off. I need my phone for Drs. Appointments etc..I asked for a supervisor and she was the most callus person. Not a caring bone in her body.  So I thought I would post this before tomorrow when they cut my phone off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The best way to get in contact with T-Mobile's US based support, is by sending a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter.