Question

Recycling Old Phones

• 6 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Do the T-Mobile corporate stores still accept old mobile phones for recycling?

Thank you.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There's always kiosk at malls that recycle the phones plus I've seen them in some grocery stores so I'm sure Walmart or Target has this service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How old? If it’s unlocked and newer than about 5 or 6 years, it could have some cash value if sold on Swappa.com

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

They are older, 5-6 years old. T-Mobile has a web page where the brand and model cam be input and it will return a trade-in value for the phone. It returned a value of $0 for all of them.

I also found a postage-paid merchandise return label for recycling phones only, that was in one of the boxes, addressed to Assurant Solutions in York, Pennsylvania. Wasn’t sure if the label was still valid, could simply box them up and bring to the Post Office.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check to see if you have an ecoATM near you. They recycle cell phones and have kiosks. Also you can take them to your areas recycling center.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Also, if they are Android or iPhones, you should do a factory reset before relinquishing control of them. For other types of phones, it might be best to “reset” them with a hammer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

They are all Androids and factory resets have been done on all of them. Thee have Android 5, 6, or 7 installed on them.

There is an ecoATM inside the Walmart across the highway from me. ecoATM’s web site also has a page that will display the value of a phone. I selected the brand, then it asks to select the phone… None were listed…  :smile:

If there’s any value in them, it will be to retrieve any metals inside that can be recycled.

Might be possible but I am not sure. 

Guys i am interested to buyback used mobile phones, can anyone help to get contacts?