Question

Brother DLP2550

• 1 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Unable to connect my printer to my home internet router; re: The authentication/encryption methods used by the selected wlan access point/router are not supported by your machine. 

Do I need to update the software/fitmware on the printer to be compatible with the T-Mobile network?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This can probably be resolved by adding a second network (SSID) to your gateway, for your printer and anything else that you have trouble connecting to the default network. I think the default network is better for most things; but some things won’t connect to it. I always recommend setting up the second network with 2.4 GHz only, and WPA/WPA2.

T Life Instructions

Some devices, such as printers, have trouble connecting to the gateway’s default configuration.

You can have several Wi-Fi networks on the gateway.  You want to leave the default network alone (2.4 & 5 GHz; WPA2/WPA3 and AES security) and add a second, dedicated 2.4 GHz network.  This second network is for devices that can’t connect to the default network.

Using the T Life app on your phone: Tap Connect (at the bottom).  Tap Things (at the top).  Tap your Gateway. Tap the magenta button Manage.  Tap Network (at the top).  Tap the magenta + Add Network.

You should now have an “Add new network” page.  Under General details, Enter a new Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and a password.  Under Advanced settings, change the Frequency Band to 2.4 GHz.  Under WPA Version, change WPA Version to WPA/WPA2.  The WPA Encryption Mode should automatically change to TKIP+AES.  Tap Save at the bottom. Connect your device to this new network.

Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.  Note that WPA/WPA2 (on the second network) is less secure, so I recommend setting this network to be Hidden. You can hide it after you get your devices connected to it. (The Hidden switch is in Advanced settings, below WPA Encryption Mode.)

Home Internet Apps | T-Mobile 5G Home Internet