Question

DIGITS App Logs Out Too Frequently

• 13 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have the DIGITS app installed on my Windows desktop machine.  For a couple months it was letting me go a week or more between log-ins. This week I’m finding it has automatically logged the app out within hours or a day at most.

In the past couple days, I’ve missed EXTREMELY important phone calls and texts that have left one of my kids STRANDED away from home.  I RELY on this app to work as advertised -- to deliver text messages and phone calls that might be important. This is the type of app that should just stay logged in for the entire day if not forever since there is no predictability of when a text will be received. 

(Also, the FEEDBACK link in the DIGITS app and on the DIGITS web page has never worked. Does T-Mobile not want our feedback?!?)

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is a Windows issue as Windows in a more recent update, puts apps idling into efficiency mode and even to sleep.  Even if you disable efficiency mode, it will still do it regardless.  

Badge

This is a Windows issue as Windows in a more recent update, puts apps idling into efficiency mode and even to sleep.  Even if you disable efficiency mode, it will still do it regardless.  

Thanks, but I’m not sure about that, as I have 7 other apps that are currently in efficiency mode (according to Windows Task Manager), but none of them log me out.  For example, Slack.  Just because an app goes into efficiency mode doesn’t mean it has to log out. 

The Digits “app” is nothing more than a web page open in an Edge app Window.  There are lots of websites that keep me logged in from visit to visit, and I would expect the same with Digits.  If nothing else, then at least a warning to Windows message center.  Otherwise Digits is mostly useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks, but I’m not sure about that, as I have 7 other apps that are currently in efficiency mode (according to Windows Task Manager), but none of them log me out.  For example, Slack.  Just because an app goes into efficiency mode doesn’t mean it has to log out. 

The Digits “app” is nothing more than a web page open in an Edge app Window.  There are lots of websites that keep me logged in from visit to visit, and I would expect the same with Digits.  If nothing else, then at least a warning to Windows message center.  Otherwise Digits is mostly useless.

When Efficiency Mode suspends the apps connection, which is a part of the efficiency process, it will automatically logout because the connection is lost.

This might be being caused by chrome or edge. The same thing started happening to me after I allowed chrome to make tabs inactive if they have not been used for a while to save memory.

There are two ways to run digets from a desktop- by the app or through the web (via edge or chrome).  I am on Windows 10. There is supposed to be a way to to have an app start with eco mode disabled by entering a command in the shortcut. Have not tried that yet to see if it works. In edge or chrome there is an option to disable the auto-shut down of an inactive website in the settings.  In chrome the option is under performance.  Testing that today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are two ways to run digets from a desktop- by the app or through the web (via edge or chrome).  I am on Windows 10. There is supposed to be a way to to have an app start with eco mode disabled by entering a command in the shortcut. Have not tried that yet to see if it works. In edge or chrome there is an option to disable the auto-shut down of an inactive website in the settings.  In chrome the option is under performance.  Testing that today.

The options in web browsers do not work.  It is well known they don't and no one seems like they care enough to fix it because most people don't leave browser Windows and tabs open for long periods of times.  Even putting Windows in high lerfoance mode will not fix this from happening.

Mine works on. But every 1-2 months it logs me out. Then I can’t get back in unless I have the phone on me which often times is far away from me.