Question

Galaxy Watch 5

• 2 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge

Back in September 2022 I went to T-Mobile to order the Galaxy Watch and I am 99% sure that during the time the watch was on sale or maybe it was a promotion going on for it. I walked in the store and told the sales rep that I wanted the Galaxy watch and when asked which one, I stated the one that was on sale. They immediately knew which watch I was referring to. I just found out that I did not get the watch for the promotion/sales price but I am paying full price for it. When I spoke to someone about it, they had no idea what promotion I was talking about because they can’t see any of the past promotions and so I am stuck paying the full price for the watch. Do anyone know which promotion was going on at that time? Maybe with a little bit more information, I can get a discount on the remaining balance.

9 replies

There was a promotion at that time. It was for the watch5 pro at 50% off. Now, I see that I'm paying full price for it. I'm trying to locate a copy of my contract, but not having any results. I'm going to keep looking. Any suggestions on how to locate a copy of  device agreement?

Badge

If you were with Sprint before the merge then you will not receive any discount. I went to the store and spoke with multiple people who have informed me that my account didn't fully merge to TMobile so I was not eligible for the discount. Unfortunately, you may be in the same situation.

There was a promotion at that time. It was for the watch5 pro at 50% off. Now, I see that I'm paying full price for it. I'm trying to locate a copy of my contract, but not having any results. I'm going to keep looking. Any suggestions on how to locate a copy of  device agreement?

It was in November 2022, so I'm not sure. I do know the sale took place at a T-mobile store. I will continue to look into the matter. I'll update. 

Badge

I did the exact same thing. I went in a TMobile store and purchased the watch. I specially told the sales person that I wanted the watch that was on sale. I purchased the watch thinking that it was going to be $100 or so but it turns out I had to pay full price for it. During the time, I was still part of Sprint's network and didn't fully merge with TMobile until April 2023. The watch was purchased in September 2022. I was not informed that I was still on Sprint's network until recently. Unfortunately when this whole merger happened, I feel like we got the short end of the stick with things since we were not given the full information that was needed during the time it was needed.

I usually keep a copy of my contracts in an email just in case they are needed for some reason. In this case, my contract wasn't needed but finding the discount code was needed since every person that I spoken with was not able to provide me with any information. Everyone told me that they couldn't see any previous discounts. After months of searching for everything, they basically told me that there wasn't anything that they could do since I waited so late. Basically making me feel like I should've checked after them to make sure that they weren't getting away with anything. Maybe if I would've went to them sooner then I might have gotten better results but I doubt it. I really hope you have better luck than I did. 

Great News!! I have received a six month credit of past amount of the $10.42, totaling $62,52. Moving forward they will be applying the $10.42 credit ot my bill for my Watch5 Pro. Here's what you need to do. Log into your T-mobile account via Chrome. Select Bill at bottom of screen. Tap History at the top. You will be able to download past bills to see when the discount was first applied via Spriint and when it stopped (when the migration occurred). Write down the dates so you are prepared when you call. Then call T-mobile and let them know, you had the promotion and it stopped when migration occurred. Hopefully, you will get the same results I did. Be kind and patient, I was on the phone for 45 minutes. I have to say it was worth it. Let me know what happens. 

Also, if you have any questions, please, let me know. I will be more than happy to help you. 😊

Badge

Great News!! I have received a six month credit of past amount of the $10.42, totaling $62,52. Moving forward they will be applying the $10.42 credit ot my bill for my Watch5 Pro. Here's what you need to do. Log into your T-mobile account via Chrome. Select Bill at bottom of screen. Tap History at the top. You will be able to download past bills to see when the discount was first applied via Spriint and when it stopped (when the migration occurred). Write down the dates so you are prepared when you call. Then call T-mobile and let them know, you had the promotion and it stopped when migration occurred. Hopefully, you will get the same results I did. Be kind and patient, I was on the phone for 45 minutes. I have to say it was worth it. Let me know what happens. 

Glad you were able to get the bill adjusted. I'm really happy for you. I already provided them with all of the necessary documents but they were unwilling to provide me an adjustment or a credit to my account and my watch is now paid in full.

I'm sorry to read that. They did tell me, they changed my contract to still give me the discount. I told them, it never agreed to the changes, etc. I am considering looking for another carrier. I've been with Sprint/T-Mobile for 20 years, so not sure. Blessings to you.

Badge

I paid off my phone and watch for that very reason. I've been with Sprint for years and now that I'm with TMobile, I'm not happy. The customer service is not great, my cell service could be better and I'm overall not happy. I'll be going to AT&T. Glad that you were able to get some discount though.