Question

issue with mlb the show 23 on PlayStation

• 23 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My son has been locked out of playing competitive games in MLB the show 23 on his PS5 for about a week now and I can’t find any fix. When he tries to get in the game it will find him an opponent, but then displays a message “Challenge Failed” and boots him. I cannot find any fixes online anywhere and am wondering if this is (another) gaming issue caused by having 5G internet rather than more standard Wi-Fi?

Does anyone have any ideas?  I already have done everything I can think of, including deleting the game and reinstalling from scratch

thanks in advance!

4 replies

Okay, its not certain but after days and days of research the one thing that seems to have worked.. and now this could be just a lucky go at it but I went into my tmobile router app or whatever. I went ahead and switched the security from WPA2/WPA3 to just WPA2 so far its working.. I do use tmobile home internet 5g. so hoping this actually is a work around..

Did this end up working out for you? Any other workaround?

Okay, its not certain but after days and days of research the one thing that seems to have worked.. and now this could be just a lucky go at it but I went into my tmobile router app or whatever. I went ahead and switched the security from WPA2/WPA3 to just WPA2 so far its working.. I do use tmobile home internet 5g. so hoping this actually is a work around..

Badge

I'm having the same issues with the Xbox series x. I spent over 100 dollars to play online with people and I can't. We need this fixed immediately t- mobile!!!

FYI, I was able to Fox by disconnecting the Tmobile router. Turned it off and unplugged it for a minute. Plugged back in and problem was solved. You can’t just reset it though, have to unplug. 

I'm having the same issues with the Xbox series x. I spent over 100 dollars to play online with people and I can't. We need this fixed immediately t- mobile!!!