Question

Xiaomi 13

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I’m going to visit the USA in three weeks and I’m already looking forward to it. :)

During my roadtrip, I want to use my smartphone, a Xiaomi 13, with an T-Mobile-Prepaid-Card. I checked via the IMEI number if my smartphone is compatible with the T-Mobile-Net. The problem is: I got different results. One site told me, the phone was 100% compatible, another side told me the opposite. So I’m a little bit insecure. Has anyone experience with this device or can tell me more?

This would be very nice. Thank you. :)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Whether or not the device has the bands needed isn't all of what will ensure it will work.  Bands 2, 4, 12, 41, 66, and 71 are the more common bands deployed.  There are no guarantees that the bands your device might be compatible with are deployed where you are going to be traveling.  The most important thing is, your device must be compatible with T-Mobile's implementation of VoLTE, which most Asian region devices are not.  VoLTE is needed to be able to make and receive calls because there are no 3G networks remaining in most of the country for calls to fall back on if VoLTE compatibility is not there.