Solved

esim activation not required

• 24 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, for a couple of days I have been receiving notifications on my iPhone asking me to complete the setup of the Metro by T-Mobile eSim. I have never made this request (I live in Italy, this service does not exist here).
I think someone did an activation by giving my IMEI by mistake (or could it be a scam?).
How do I delete this request? Apple customer service tells me they can't remove it because it depends on Metro.

icon

Best answer by El Kun 27 May 2024, 08:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Something tells me you have a NA model of the iphone. Did you buy it used?

What is the model number of you iPhone.

You can’t register any esim and they can’t send a request to activate an esim without being in said region either.  

all the models.  Keep in mind US versions to get rid of ANY notifications it must be activated in the states.  IF it’s a reflex model then it may be locked shortly and you have to jump through major hoops to get it re-unlocked.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/108044

Badge

No my phone is not used, I bought it on day one. It's a Pro Max 15, number A3106.

It seems that since yesterday I no longer receive the notification and in the settings I no longer have the warning to finish configuring the esim. At this point I think someone accidentally provided my IMEI and has now fixed the mistake.