Question

Is Credit Card Autopay Ban Just a Sneaky Price Increase?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I thought TMobile would never raise my fee …   

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I thought TMobile would never raise my fee …   

Your plan price is still the same.

Change to auto-pay fee is equivalent to a 15% price increase, so I guess the 2022 “Price Lock Guarantee” is not worth the wasted web page it is still posted on?   And to prove it, the NEW fee is Per Line, not per account, so $10 per month to run ONE credit card charge.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The price lock guarantee is for the plan not the autopay discount.

It’s not part of the plan, but if they offered the discount when you sign up they should honor the discount.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

promos end. the discount is still there however the requirements have changed.

Any way you slice it, this is shady. That is all you see is ads promoting $50 per month for home internet with no price hikes. Autopay is required for $50 rate and credit card was the agreed upon method. Now they want you to give checking account or debit card info? Has there been any issues with security breaches lately??????? Also, congestion has dropped speeds to a crawl. More paying customers than equipment supports with no plans to update in some areas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

With all these people who say they're leaving hopefully it will improve the congestion and data speeds will improve.

Gramps, you mentioned "The price lock guarantee is for the plan not the autopay discount" the commercials in my area advertise $50 per month over and over and claim they will not increase. The $50 per month is only available with autopay discount. They don't advertise $55 per month as LOCKED... and then say you can get additional $5 discount if you autopay. 

Gramps, I also agree that if people leave... maybe the the user count will drop to an appropriate number. In other words.. they sold to more customers than they invested in bandwidth support for. My thoughts are that the better solution would be to apply the sales iexcessive ncome to upgrade to required bandwidth

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Gramps, you mentioned "The price lock guarantee is for the plan not the autopay discount" the commercials in my area advertise $50 per month over and over and claim they will not increase. The $50 per month is only available with autopay discount. They don't advertise $55 per month as LOCKED... and then say you can get additional $5 discount if you autopay. 

The terms of autopay changed and it's still $50 if you agree to the terms. If you don't agree to the terms of autopay it's $55.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Gramps, I also agree that if people leave... maybe the the user count will drop to an appropriate number. In other words.. they sold to more customers than they invested in bandwidth support for. My thoughts are that the better solution would be to apply the sales iexcessive ncome to upgrade to required bandwidth

the merger was a huge part of this..their network wasnt ready for an additional few million people to be dropped onto it lol. main reason theyre doing all their upgrades currently..a bit slow at it but its still ongoing.