Question

Is data on T-Mobile prepaid plans (10GB, Unlm, Unlm+) deprioritirized?

• 9 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Do they have same priority as Go5G, 5GPlus or they are deprioritized same way as Essential plan?

Thinking about switching to Mint if the priority access is the same since they have better prices and actually useable app for prepaid! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Mint is probably worse since they are a MNVO that uses Tmobile towers. I have a Kroger wireless MNVO that uses Tmobile towers and my  Tmobile post paid line is faster for data and a better roaming agreement.

From what I've read it's Tmobile post paid plans then prepaid then the MNVO’s for priority.

Badge

Tmobile post paid line is faster for data and a better roaming agreement.

From what I've read it's Tmobile post paid plans then prepaid then the MNVO’s for priority.

So I just checked T-Mobile prepaid and mint mobile coverage map for my out of town planned travel destination Big Sur, CS and indeed with Mint I would loose domestic roaming.

But what I found interesting a video from YouTube from speed test 2 years ago that it seemed indicate T-Mobile Max postpaid > TMobile Prepaid > TMobile Essential postpaid  > MVNO (Mint, Metro) in priority.