Question

Need help buying an Esim

• 6 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I am coming to the US to work for a year. Many forms I am filling (utilities, electricity, etc) are requesting a US number (tried putting my international num, but the form rejects it).

I tried to buy an prepaid esim from t-mobile, but when checking out they require a phone number (which I do not have), and a residential address (which is currently outside of the US). I have a US apartment contract that starts in April, so it’s not valid yet… 

Any idea on how I can proceed?

1 reply

Hello,

I am coming to the US to work for a year. Many forms I am filling (utilities, electricity, etc) are requesting a US number (tried putting my international num, but the form rejects it).

I tried to buy an prepaid esim from t-mobile, but when checking out they require a phone number (which I do not have), and a residential address (which is currently outside of the US). I have a US apartment contract that starts in April, so it’s not valid yet…  Time and attendance management

Any idea on how I can proceed?

It seems you're encountering issues purchasing a prepaid eSIM from T-Mobile due to the requirement for a US phone number and residential address. Here are a few steps you might consider to proceed.

Reach out directly to T-Mobile's customer support via phone or online chat. Explain your situation and see if they can offer any alternative solutions or exceptions, especially considering your upcoming US apartment contract.

Check if other mobile providers in the US offer eSIMs with different purchasing requirements. Some providers may have more flexible policies regarding international addresses.

Consider obtaining a temporary US-based virtual phone number from online services that offer such numbers. This could potentially satisfy the requirement during the checkout process.

If possible, wait until your US apartment contract starts in April. Once you have a valid US address, you may be able to complete the purchase without issues.

As an alternative, you could purchase a traditional SIM card locally upon arrival in the US, which might have less stringent requirements compared to eSIM purchases.