Solved

Reactivate my canceled line

• 26 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I live outside the US and travel there several times, but due to the pandemic, it has been a long time since I last visited.

"I forgot to refill my prepaid line today. Earlier, I received an email informing me that my line has been canceled. To reactivate it, I was instructed to visit the t-mobile.com website or call the 1-800 number. However, I couldn't find a solution on the website, and when I called, I was kept waiting on hold without any assistance. Should I persist and try again, or should I give up and buy another SIM card during my next visit?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 26 May 2023, 22:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If your prepaid line has been inactive for more than 60 days, the number has more than likely been placed in the pool of available numbers to be assigned to another customer.  Unfortunately, the wait times for Customer Care can be lengthy.  Can you still sign in to your account online?  If so, you should be able to reload it from there or try *211 from your prepaid device to see if it allows you to add funds and reactivate your number.

Badge

Unfortunately, when I try to log in, they attempt to send me a text message to validate my account.

I felt hopeless when I tried to request a refund as a guest, but I couldn't proceed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might be able to contact TMO through Facebook or Twitter and see if they can assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately, when I try to log in, they attempt to send me a text message to validate my account.

I felt hopeless when I tried to request a refund as a guest, but I couldn't proceed.

What type of refund since prepaid plans are nonrefundable.

Badge

What type of refund since prepaid plans are nonrefundable.

I'm sorry, I mean “refill”, not “refund”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The easiest way to find out if the number is available is to call it. If someone answers it or there's a voicemail greeting the phone number has a new user.