at what point do you switch to Verizon?

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

when leaving Tmobile for Verizon, does anyone have suggestions on good deals to make the switch? TMobile did not send me the gift cards for bill credits when switching to TMo, and of course the service is really bad. I actually look poorly upon people that have TMobile, which is ironic. Ironic because I mean, I have TMobile, or else i wouldn’t be posting here. Or maybe I empathize with them, and then ask - why do you tolerate this kind of service?

So anyway, i’d like to make the change, and would also entertain ATT.

I happen to like the way the house looks w no cables hanging off it, but aesthetics will take a #2 to the real #1, which is a need for internet. I would say that TMo does not deliver, you know, the internet, no matter the # of times I reset, call customer service, try a different window, swap devices. TMo really needs to give the Customer Service reps in the Philippines specifically a bonus, they have managed to save me from leaving so many times, but Tmo is not exactly giving them a product they can feel good about selling / troubleshooting. The American based CSRs were really not nearly as thoughtful or helpful during troubleshooting or setting up device swaps. 

I hope this message helps others considering leaving. Based on my experience, leave sooner rather than later. For emphasis: leave sooner rather than later. The extra per month cost will save you a lot of time on the phone, as well as a lot of missed moments when having an important phone call / losing rapport / having others give you the “ why in the world did you need to save $10 bucks a month to put us thru this?!” look. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've been with Tmobile for 20 years and have never received off shore customer service.

When Tmobile quit giving the autopay discount and I checked Verizon pricing there was a definite sticker shock in the plan pricing going from a $70 unlimited for 2 lines to almost doubling plus I needed to apply for a Verizon credit card to get the discount.

In the end it's all depends on your needs and what you're willing to pay.

Badge

my first carrier from way back in the day is Tmo, back in 2001, when it was Voicestream.

everytime I leave TMo, it’s for the same reason - I’m not getting the thing I paid for, such as phone calls and internet. 

everytime I come back, it’s the price and nostalgia, thinking that things must’ve gotten better since last time, right? 

and then I leave, because I’m still not getting the thing I paid for, such as phone calls and internet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile works for me. The speeds at work are well worth it, at home their decent but nothing like work but behind my house are 3 huge apartment complexes that siphons off bandwidth.

Badge

definitely never experienced best case speeds like that. but in terms of reliability, consistency in supporting a Zoom meeting, this is definitely inadequate. if one intended to meet with clients or bosses, do normal job keeping meetings, I would not recommend TMo. you’d miss 1/3 of your meetings. btw  peak speeds for me, I remember seeing in the 200s, which I thought would be great, but it’s like what my kid calls a bag of chips - a lie. because it’s so much air, and not much chips. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Service is all depends on what you need. I don't use my phone much for work so that's a non issue for me. Good luck with what you decide to do.