Breach of Contract???

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello:   Yup, it’s only $5.00 a month T-Mobile is going to raise your bill if you continue to use a Credit Card.  I don’t care if it was $1.00 a month.  I contracted with T-Mobile to get the $5.00 reduced rate using my Credit Card and I expect them to abide by the contract for the 2 year period.  I wrote my protest letter and mailed it off, waiting for a response.  I’m like some other people.  You never want to give a company access to your debit account or checking account.  The credit card gives you 100% protection!!!  And I definitely don’t want another kind of money account named T-Mobile Money.  A contract is a contract!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The autopay isn't a contracted rate discount but a perk that had it's terms changed.

I never signed a contract for the autopay discount.

The only contract you signed with Tmobile is if you bought a phone on EIP. The only contracted Tmobile service plans will be tied to any agreement you made with the purchase of a phone.

You can leave any time you want.

Charging customers $5 per line is a bad policy from the company that entices customers with Rate for Life advertisements. Changing the terms of the $5/line discount is a price increase. I have been T-Mobile customer for almost 6 years and this change on my 7 lines amounts to a $35/month price increase. These were the terms that were signed and I also believe this is a breach of contract. Given T-Mobile’s repeated history of security breaches, changing to any payment method other than credit card is a danger to your assets in the bank account with assets tied to T-Mobile billing. Bad policy, False Advertising.

I contacted customer service and requested contact information for Executive Complaints.  And getting an address to send a letter was like extracting teeth.

I am sending a letter and looking for additional timely contact information.  In the mean time, we are looking into changing carriers.  

T-Mobile advertises the rate for life and when I signed up, that included the $5 per line discount with credit card payment as part of the offer.  Changing these terms violates the “Rate For Life” guarantee and is also false advertising.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Charging customers $5 per line is a bad policy from the company that entices customers with Rate for Life advertisements. Changing the terms of the $5/line discount is a price increase. I have been T-Mobile customer for almost 6 years and this change on my 7 lines amounts to a $35/month price increase. These were the terms that were signed and I also believe this is a breach of contract. Given T-Mobile’s repeated history of security breaches, changing to any payment method other than credit card is a danger to your assets in the bank account with assets tied to T-Mobile billing. Bad policy, False Advertising.

I contacted customer service and requested contact information for Executive Complaints.  And getting an address to send a letter was like extracting teeth.

I am sending a letter and looking for additional timely contact information.  In the mean time, we are looking into changing carriers.  

T-Mobile advertises the rate for life and when I signed up, that included the $5 per line discount with credit card payment as part of the offer.  Changing these terms violates the “Rate For Life” guarantee and is also false advertising.

It's your rate plan that guarantees not to raise. Autopay is not part of the rate plan.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/price-lock