Solved

Monthly Plan Fee Jumped $20, Why

• 26 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Our June 2023 bill was $20 higher than previous payments.  Nothing has changed with our plan and there was no explanation.  

Did T-Mobile just raise our monthly payment  without letting us know, or is there another reason?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 26 June 2023, 21:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

going out on a limb and saying you are set up for auto pay using a credit card and you have 4 lines that this pays for?

if so it was just changed so you can no longer get the $5 per line discount if you use a CC card and must use a debit card to get that discount again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you on autopay? Tmobile is starting to quit the credits if paying by credit card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have any of you added a new device lately?  Have any of you contacted Customer Care or visited a T-Mobile Store for assistance with something?  $20 user support fees have been a thing for a while, if it isn't the autopay with a credit card reason.

Badge

Thanks to fireguy, gramps and syaoran.  

The extra $20 was for 4 lines being paid by credit card.  It was not apparent that continued use of a credit card on autopay no longer qualified for that discount of $5 per line, till I looked at autopay and saw I no longer qualified for a discount.  

Thanks for the quick responses!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Luckily mine hasn't increased yet on my last bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Luckily mine hasn't increased yet on my last bill

Mine hasn't either and I haven't received any text saying it will yet.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I haven't received a text but when I sign into my account there's a notice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I pretty much only login to manually pay the bill a week or two before the autopay triggers.