Question

No service and still paying

• 20 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

How can this provider continue to shut down service at 2200 and remain off untill 0600 every night and bill for a month service. If they are only going to provide half the service they offer why should customers pay monthly. Either cut the bill in half or bill every other month. It is illegal to steal in the United States. Stealing is exactly what is happening when you take money for something you are not providing. Do you understand tort lawsuits and criminal proceedings?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is your gateway shutting down from 10 PM to 6 AM? Is your gateway staying up, but there is no access to the Internet?

If it's the latter, I'd call Support (yes, I know it's a PITA), and see if they can tell you what’s going on with your system. Any chance you've plugged the gateway into a power strip that’s on a timer?

See if you can give a bit more detail about this behavior and exactly what’s shutting down at night. This is the first time I’ve heard of the behavior you're describing. I've heard of apps losing connection to the Internet at certain times, but not complete access to the Internet.

Good luck!