Question

T-Mobile gateway and PS4

• 17 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

I cannot play most games on PS4 through the new T-Mobile gateway.  I get an error saying to check my internet connection.  I think I saw that there is no UPnP support that is the cause.  If I use my own router, will this solve that paroblem?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I cannot play most games on PS4 through the new T-Mobile gateway.  I get an error saying to check my internet connection.  I think I saw that there is no UPnP support that is the cause.  If I use my own router, will this solve that paroblem?

What version FW is on your gateway?

Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hmm same and we use the Xbox but threw a Google Wifi router with no issue. Also our connected devices work no issue too maybe try the router if you have one already.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

It may "trick" the check because the console is able to negotiate with the router to open ports, but some things may still not work properly.

Depends on whether what you are doing depends on ports to forward properly from the outside.

TMO's current approach to dual v4/v6 is breaking unsolicited inbound traffic, which many games rely on for their UDP traffic.

Not all games run via TCP... or even a fully dedicated client-server model.  Some use peer to peer connections to share some information.  For example, franchises like Destiny or The Division use both client-server connections as well as player to player communication for certain things.

So the filtering that happens in TMO's XLAT464 scheme can break a lot of communications some games depend on for certain features... some may flat out not work for multiplayer activities because of it.

TMobile said it doesn’t support opening ports and they are aware of the problem. They said they are working on it. Meanwhile our XBox connects without any issues. If i hotspot my phone I have no issues connecting my PS4 so it is definitely an issue with the TMobile gateway. 

So I had the same problem. This is what fixed mine. 
anytime I tried to connect it wouldn’t and it would time out. When I tried my phone as a hotspot i didn’t 

have a problem. Called T-Mobile with no solution

what you need to do is MANUALLY put your IP address / gateway (router) and sub mask plus DNS 

you can try this: connect your phone to TMobile wifi

than look up your wifi connection on your phone and press the “I” for info next to it. Copy the numbers 

192.xxx.xxx.x etc. manually put those in on your PlayStation to connect. Don’t need the secondary DNS

I did this and it opens a “port” and it works perfectly!!!

meanwhile TMobile said they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. My Xbox has no problem connecting. It was only ps4

hope this helps. 

I bought the 5G m2000 router so that I can play ps4 games and it doesn’t work. Nat type failed, and doesn’t let me even chat with friends. I tried everything online to try and fix this problem and nothing works. Waste of money! The only way it gives you a Nat type is to go on the setting and switch to regular internet and not 5G which is the whole rip off part of this scam. Might as well just hotspot with my iPhone. I tried everything from google to YouTube videos trying to fix this and spent hours just to go around in the same circles. Don’t buy or pay for 5G it’s a scam use the AT&T router instead, they actually give you what you pay for. Horrible company. What a ripoff 

Did you try putting all your Numbers in manually? 
isnt NAT like a security

setting like 1-2 and 3. 3 being the strictest. If you put in 1 you can get hacked. 
try manually configuring it. Garb all the DNS/ router/ ISP etc numbers and plug them in. 

@Huffty where at in the ps4 do I manually input those I.p. Addresses?

Following