Question

Dialing 1-800 numbers in the US from Peru

• 31 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

To anyone in the community. How do I make a call to a US toll-free number 1 800 284 2622 Avianca Airline Customer Service Phone Number from Peru (South America)? As well as the price if any. I am from the U.S. and desire to contact my airline to confirm my flight as well as make a luggage purchase for 2AUG. I have an iPhone XR. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Many years ago there were special area codes to call 800 numbers as toll calls. I can’t find any information about this subject, so I assume they no longer exist.

If you call using WiFi Calling the call will be free. Via cellular roaming it’s 25¢/min. If you want to be 100% sure your phone’s in WiFi Calling mode, first put the phone in airplane mode then turn WiFi back on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Outside of roaming in Canada, dialing 1-800 numbers based in the US must be done over WiFi Calling to complete.  Even if you dial the number correctly from a foreign country, most 1-800 numbers are not accessible outside of their country due to how the billing for those calling the 1-800 number affects the company being called.