Question

T-mobile Business Internet - Why do you even offer this if you can't remotely access any IOT device behind the gateway?

• 30 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Basics of any ISP is to allow remote access through the gateways so customers can manage any of the IOT devices attached to their network. This is a fundamental failure on T-mobile’s design and network design for both business and residential internet services.

Once a replacement device shows up, no power cords, no ethernet cords, the device shows up dirty with food, fingerprints, and other unsanitary residue on it that makes me question if the last person used it as toilet paper before putting it in the box.

The SIM card has to be switched from the old device, no problem. Yet there is no straightforward way outside of sitting on hold for hours to get someone in the technical services group that later hangs up on you hours into your call to get the IMEI number updated in connect.inseego.com. 

If you are looking for 5G internet service that is decently fast and you will never need to access any of your devices from a remote location, decent service.

If you need to access your devices from remote locations, don’t use T-mobile. This decades long availability to remotely access computers, servers, alarm systems, storage systems, camera systems, and other devices is apparently an elusive realm for T-mobile to grasp which makes me wonder how their own IT staff interacts with their network. 

1 reply

I'd like all my phones to be un

managed until further notice from me, Emmanuel Merancin, here's proof of my identity attached to this conversation.