Solved

Netflix benefit

• 5 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

My Netflix benefit is changing to include ads. The reason most people pay or have Netflix is to not have ads to interrupt their shows. I do not want this change to my account. To change my plan after being with T-Mobile for years is BS. Can I keep my no ads plan?

icon

Best answer by nc1037 5 January 2024, 19:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

There are a bunch of posts on this.  Keep in mind NETFLIX has eliminated the old base plan that was less than full HD, but had no ads.  (I don’t know if this is what you had.)  T-Mobile is converting people to the current Netflix standard plan.  They probably didn’t have much choice.  You will still receive a benefit worth about $7.  It does appear that you will be able to pay the difference to upgrade your Netflix.

I copied this from T-Mobile site and bolded a sentence:

Netflix™

Offer subject to change. Starting 1/24/24, receive Netflix Standard with ads while you maintain 1 qualifying Go5G Next, Go5G Plus or Magenta Max line or 2+ Go5G or Magenta lines in good standing. Netflix account, plan availability & compatible device required. Alternative discount toward different Netflix streaming plans may apply. Not redeemable or refundable for cash; cannot be exchanged for Netflix gift subscriptions. Cancel Netflix anytime. Netflix Terms of Use apply: www.netflix.com/termsofuse. 1 offer per T-Mobile account; for existing Netflix members it may take 1-2 bill cycles during which time you will continue to be charged separately for any existing Netflix account. If you link an existing Netflix account to this offer, terminating the qualifying line(s) will not automatically cancel your Netflix membership, and Netflix will automatically resume charging your existing payment method that they have on file. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details.

There are a bunch of posts on this.  Keep in mind NETFLIX has eliminated the old base plan that was less than full HD, but had no ads.  (I don’t know if this is what you had.)  T-Mobile is converting people to the current Netflix standard plan.  They probably didn’t have much choice.  You will still receive a benefit worth about $7.  It does appear that you will be able to pay the difference to upgrade your Netflix.

I copied this from T-Mobile site and bolded a sentence:

Netflix™

Offer subject to change. Starting 1/24/24, receive Netflix Standard with ads while you maintain 1 qualifying Go5G Next, Go5G Plus or Magenta Max line or 2+ Go5G or Magenta lines in good standing. Netflix account, plan availability & compatible device required. Alternative discount toward different Netflix streaming plans may apply. Not redeemable or refundable for cash; cannot be exchanged for Netflix gift subscriptions. Cancel Netflix anytime. Netflix Terms of Use apply: www.netflix.com/termsofuse. 1 offer per T-Mobile account; for existing Netflix members it may take 1-2 bill cycles during which time you will continue to be charged separately for any existing Netflix account. If you link an existing Netflix account to this offer, terminating the qualifying line(s) will not automatically cancel your Netflix membership, and Netflix will automatically resume charging your existing payment method that they have on file. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details.

Yep, I pay the difference for the premium 4k, recently got a notification ill be required to pay 6$ more than I currently pay. I know netflix had a pay hike in Q3, unsure how that stacks up with my previous plan. On one hand it could be that tmobile was floating the bill and is only now passing the price hike along or that there's some sort of contracting penalty on their part for their most current inclusion of hulu on us. It just seems odd that both announcements were made at the same time. Either way, no one feels particularly warm about paying more