Question

how do i block directory assistance on one phone

• 10 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

My mother has the beginning of dementia and is calling 411 over and over again  on the cell I got for her. How do I block directory assistance on that phone

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

T-Mobile you greedy ba$tards. Take from the middle class to pay your executive MILLIONS!!! I can’t wait for my contract to expire so I can go back to Verizon.

Not being able to block 911 is BS and charging $3 is even more BS.

You are aware in the US carriers can't legally block 911 right?  Exactly how are you being charged $3 for a 911 call? If that was true you can send a copy to the FCC which is a big deal to e911 rules. They make sure you'll get your money back and fined for each instance. 

T-Mobile you greedy ba$tards. Take from the middle class to pay your executive MILLIONS!!! I can’t wait for my contract to expire so I can go back to Verizon.

Not being able to block 911 is BS and charging $3 is even more BS.

I found IT!  At least my Mom’s charges were only $6.54 BUT, I can see it getting worse with her dementia.  You will have to pay $5 a month, but it’s worth it for piece of mind.  Go to Family Allowances and all the info is there to block any OUTGOING numbers and all sorts of other tools to help manage an older person’s phone, just as you would a teen.

That is a bunch of CRAP that we have to pay EXTRA to block extra charges!

I learned something about 411 charges. You will be charged for calls to government offices as a 411 charge, when the call is a direct dial. When my mother call her local water department to pay her bill each month, it shows as a 411 call and charges $2.99 to the T-Mobile account. I have never has this happen with other services, including Metro PCS. 

I found IT!  At least my Mom’s charges were only $6.54 BUT, I can see it getting worse with her dementia.  You will have to pay $5 a month, but it’s worth it for piece of mind.  Go to Family Allowances and all the info is there to block any OUTGOING numbers and all sorts of other tools to help manage an older person’s phone, just as you would a teen.

I have the same issue.   My mom called over 1000 times in two months, accruing $3000 in charges.  After two calls and four and a half hours on the phone with T-Mobil, they finally agreed to credit about $800.  So my 84 year old mother is on the hook for the rest.  And they cannot tell me how to block 411 calls from her phone. Thanks T-Mobil!  Taking advantage of the elderly looks great for you guys.  18 years with Sprint/T-Mobile doesn't seem to mean much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try content blocking.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/content-blocking