Question

SMS from short number?

• 23 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

How can children receive text messages from short numbers (such as Nintendo or Google Play verification codes) on SyncUP KIDS Watch if the contacts book does not allow phone numbers other than 10 digits?

5 replies

Bumping, this is a major flaw, as I need my son’s watch to receive some information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried reaching out to Customer Care to see if it is possible to enable shortcodes on those lines?

Have you tried reaching out to Customer Care to see if it is possible to enable shortcodes on those lines?

That isn’t how it works, the watch can only receive and send to approved people, and you can only save approved people with a 10-digit phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That isn’t how it works, the watch can only receive and send to approved people, and you can only save approved people with a 10-digit phone number.

Did you call to see?  Shortcodes are a backend setting for the line.  

Did you call to see?  Shortcodes are a backend setting for the line.  

Its a digital form that requires 10-digits to submit through a parents app.  So them allowing it on the backend would make no difference, they actually might.  But they messed up designing the approval app requirements.  Hence it is like my son’s number is locked down.