Solved

Incorrect IMEI and phone model on account | pending promo submittal

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge
Anyone have this happen before - the T-mobile website is now showing one of the phones on my account with a completely different imei and model than what I opened the account with. I just submitted a keep and switch promotion 24 hours ago so I'm finding this ...very strange... and I'm hoping this is just a superficial database error that’s not going to effect my keep&switch promotion. I have screenshots of every single page along the way of creating an account, receipts from opening the account, and screenshots of submitting documents so I'm positive I had the correct imei.

I will try to get in contact to T-Force tomorrow, if I can get them on the line, but thought I’d try here first.
icon

Best answer by gramps28 21 February 2024, 13:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is it a BYOD device? If so it will show as a different device since the phone wasn't sold by Tmobile. My Pixel 8 bought from Google shows as a Android BYOD device.

Userlevel 1
Badge
Anyone have this happen before - the T-mobile website is now showing one of the phones on my account with a completely different imei and model than what I opened the account with. I just submitted a keep and switch promotion 24 hours ago so I'm finding this ...very strange... and I'm hoping this is just a superficial database error that’s not going to effect my keep&switch promotion. I have screenshots of every single page along the way of creating an account, receipts from opening the account, and screenshots of submitting documents so I'm positive I had the correct imei.

I will try to get in contact to T-Force tomorrow, if I can get them on the line, but thought I’d try here first.

Hi PNWhiker,

Check your phones storage capacity. If an iPhone go to Settings>General>About to find. Apple had to switch out my iPhone 12 Pro due to its problems. I didn’t think about checking the storage capacity while still in the store but when I did look at this on my new phone the storage of the switched out phone had only 128 GB when my original phone had 567 GB! The only proof I had was that my T-Mobile account still listed my original iPhone which correctly described my original phone with 567 GB so I took some screenshots before I called T-Mobile, foolishly thinking they would help me by telling me the process that occurs when updating a new and very similar iPhone, only with a different IMEI and different storage. Instead of helping me she just updated my iPhone in my account. They’re all in on it together, Apple, Google, MS, T-Mobile, Verizon and all of the other big mobile phone carriers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

gramps28,

What you said makes zero sense. She joined T-Mobile on a bring your own phone and in order to create the new T-Mobile account she had to give them the specs on the phone she was bringing onboard. So the resulting incorrect IMEI# is either due to the idiots that work for T-Mobile or just another Slimbag ‘get over’ action by T-Mobile. I remember when T-Mobile used to be so so good. They are just a disgusting company now and I will definitely be switching to another carrier as soon as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

gramps28,

What you said makes zero sense. She joined T-Mobile on a bring your own phone and in order to create the new T-Mobile account she had to give them the specs on the phone she was bringing onboard. So the resulting incorrect IMEI# is either due to the idiots that work for T-Mobile or just another Slimbag ‘get over’ action by T-Mobile. I remember when T-Mobile used to be so so good. They are just a disgusting company now and I will definitely be switching to another carrier as soon as possible.

When I first got my Pixel 8 and switched Sims it showed as a iPhone 8 then after a a week or so it switched to the BYOD Android.