Question

Problems with linking my internet phone number to my t-mobile ID

Badge

So I was trying to set up my online account to pay my home internet bill. I received the email to set up my T-Mobile ID and followed the steps and everything was fine. Until I got to the portion where it asked for me to put in the phone number. I put the phone number in and it told me that this phone number was not connected to my email address. So I went into my nearest t-mobile store and they told me that they could not help and that the email was probably typed in wrong and to call the help phone number line and have the email fix. So I call the help line and spoke to someone and they told me that I didn’t have a t-mobile ID setup and that I would need to have that setup before I could put in the phone number. So I go online and and go through the entire process of trying to set up a t-mobile ID, I get through putting in all of my information and then I am told that I already have a t-mobile ID. When I get to the part of adding the phone number for the home internet account it says that my email is not linked to my phone number. Does anyone have any idea on how to help me out please?

11 replies

I am having the same exact problem! This is ridiculous! How can something so important and so many of us have flooded them with phone calls to fix this problem. No one has the time to keep calling them in hopes they will fix this issue. Anyone have any luck, if so PLEASE share what you had to do. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

By the way, this seems to be an ongoing problem. There is a string from one year ago that describes the exact same issues you (and I) are facing -- https://community.t-mobile.com/troubleshooting-38/how-can-i-setup-my-t-mobile-id-for-my-home-internet-account-36205

I just spent an hour on the phone trying to fix this same exact problem I’ve been experiencing for over a year. They just suggest basic troubleshooting that I exhausted before contacting them. It’s odd that after all of this time they are not able to solve this issue for their internet customers after they did a heavy campaign to entice people to switch to their home internet services. I would like to access my billing information and do any updates without having to speak with a rep. 

Same problem here. I have been on the phone with them three times with no resolution. The last time they said I would receive a callback within 48 hours. It been six days.

I'm going to have to leave T-Mobile because this has resulted in late fees and being removed from the automated payment discount  because I cannot access my account.

Same problem for me my number use to work that they gave me I had been logging in no problem and today I log in it says it didn’t recognize my number or my email, if it didn’t recognize my email how did I receive the verification code, I’m starting to really dislike this and move on to a different service it’s like they removed that number completely from me using it but it works on their end, it’s recognizable I’m starting to believe they don’t want us using our account but to call in, the reps are very nice but even they couldn’t get it to work on my end, but they can get in it on their end using my number that’s bull their doing something on their end talking about I hadn’t set up a ID my Id is my email which I been paying my bill through my account for about a year but I ain’t been set up they tell you anything 

Badge

Same problem here , I just got off the phone with t-mobile after 3 hours trying to fix this .

I guess I may have to call again to see how I can set up autopay over the phone 

Userlevel 3
Badge

If it is any consolation, I am facing the same problem -- unfortunately, I don’t have a solution, but I certainly wish someone would post here with an answer.

It took me three full weeks, including four phone calls to customer service, to even have the system recognize my email. I finally was able to create a T-Mobile ID. When attempting to log-in, I enter my email and password. A verification code is sent to my email. When I enter that code instead of going straight to my account, I get a screen asking to link my phone number to my T-Mobile account. ”Enter the phone number [in the box] below to link your account, and we’ll send a confirmation code for verification.” When I enter my (non-T-Mobile/Sprint) cellphone number, it is not recognized (“Please verify your 10-digit T-Mobile phone number is correct.”) -- of course it is not recognized; it is not a T-Mobile phone number.

When I enter the internet line number that is listed on the gateway (modem), what happens? I get the same useless error message that I was getting for three weeks: “We’re sorry, we don’t recognize this email. Please provide the email you used when purchasing your T-Mobile service or contact Care by dialing...”

All of the customer service people are friendly and professional, but no one can solve the problem. I cannot believe that setting up a customer account is so difficult.

Badge

Same problem here, t-mobile doesn’t give me online access to my account.  Even though I have a t-mobile phone number associated with a syncup drive device, obviously it cannot receive a confirmation code.   I was told by the support (after hours of talking to multiple people), that in order to change anything in the account I’d have to travel to T-mobile authorized center (1 hour drive for me) and present my driver id to them.   This arrangement is a violation of the paperless agreement and probably some other user agreements.  I don’t have energy to fight it, I’m just trying to cancel the service and account, which is not easy, considering all above.

Same issue.. I have Metro PCS phone. Metro is offering the same home Internet. I should have went through them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Same issue.. I have Metro PCS phone. Metro is offering the same home Internet. I should have went through them.

Metro PCS=TMO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for what its worth yall might have better odds of contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 agents.